Hey everyone, I'm having a problem deciding what to do about this.

I already have alot of the stuff i need to build a guitar from parts, but i started the project a long time ago when i didn't know much about tonal woods/pickups etc.
I have found this kit, which i really like the sound of.

I think it would work out cheaper to sell all the things i have currently then buy that kit, sell the electronics from it and buy new pickups/pots etc.

The way i feel at the minute is that i really can't be bothered to work with the parts i have - they are crap! (Wilkinson pickups, Encore strat body. ).

What do you guys think about it?
Derp.
I just picked up a nackerd ibanez off if ebay for £70 that I'm doing up. I'd suggest the same to you, but mainly that's because I don't like basswood. Kits have always seemed like a cop out to me, you're not saving an old guitar or making a new one to your own specs.

That being said - it is cheap and you will have fun with it. I suppose it comes down to which will sound better.
I believe the kit will sound better eventually, as i will have more money to spend on better pickups.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Derp.
I've read that most who go with the kits end up replacing the electronics, PUs ( as you've mentioned), and the tuners (since most are inferior and suffer from backlash).

There are pros and cons with going with a Used a guitar but in the long run, it depends on how patient you are with gathering the "proper" parts.

Either route, you'll have massive fun learning how to re-finish and a bit of electronics. So, go for it!

So do you think i should sell the parts that i have, so i can gather together the money to buy the kit?
The body i have needs alot of work on it, it has a huge chip in it and i havent got a clue what wood it is, probably ply.

I would definately get completely new electronics, CTS pots and Gotoh tuners.

Also, any recommendations for pickups? Just been on Seymour Duncan's website and found a few i like.
Derp.
Quote by .Will.
So do you think i should sell the parts that i have, so i can gather together the money to buy the kit?
The body i have needs alot of work on it, it has a huge chip in it and i havent got a clue what wood it is, probably ply.

I would definately get completely new electronics, CTS pots and Gotoh tuners.

Also, any recommendations for pickups? Just been on Seymour Duncan's website and found a few i like.

Figure out what would be most economical for you and get you the stuff you need the fastest. Buy, sell, trade?

Why not check out the popular brands in the UK, it might be cheaper and better. Bare Knuckles?

Good Luck!

Selling the parts and buying the kit would be better for me i think. It's less time consuming!
Oh and Bare Knuckles are more expensive than SD's!

Thanks alot for the info.
Derp.