OK let me see if I can explain it.

OK I'm just starting out playing this song and my fingers and hand is cramping up really bad.

Ok my fingers are locking up when I try to play the first messure and I can't get a really good shape because of this and the notes don't come out clean or even come out at all.

Then my hand it self is cramping up very badly.

How ever I can play AC/DC high way to hell and not cramping up.

So what gives?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Can't help you because I have no idea what you're talking about and I think it's just "rock and roll ain't noise pollution " there isn't a "no" . That'd be a double negative.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Can't help you because I have no idea what you're talking about and I think it's just "rock and roll ain't noise pollution " there isn't a "no" . That'd be a double negative.
If you couldn't help me why did you reply to this thread, for post count?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Would you be able to explain the problem a little more clearly? If your hand's cramping up, I'd recommend making warm-up stretches and exercises (both with and without the guitar) a part of your routine.
Quote by :-D
Would you be able to explain the problem a little more clearly? If your hand's cramping up, I'd recommend making warm-up stretches and exercises (both with and without the guitar) a part of your routine.

well when you play the chord pattern tot he song you have to bring your fingers in really close together and that's where my problem starts.

It makes my fingers lock up ( I'm not sure how to explain it any better then that )

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
My first opinion would be the somewhat different chords of Dead or Alive...anytime your hand does something even a little different there is a chance of cramping.

For safety, after it cramps, put down the guitar, stretch your fingers out and go at it again when your hand's okay. Otherwise you might hurt the muscles.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by CortFan1
well when you play the chord pattern tot he song you have to bring your fingers in really close together and that's where my problem starts.

It makes my fingers lock up ( I'm not sure how to explain it any better then that )

If your fingers aren't comfortable being close together like that, try some chromatic exercises to build up a comfort level as well as a skill level. Play something like:

e-------------------------------------------------- 1 2 3 4---------------------------------
B---------------------------------------- 1 2 3 4-------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------1 2 3 4----------------------------------------------------
D---------------------1 2 3 4--------------------------------------------------------------
A---------- 1 2 3 4-------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-1 2 3 4-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then play it descending, and just keep moving up and down the neck with this sort of exercise. Your fingers will get used to being close together.
Kryptnet you got a point.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
If you couldn't help me why did you reply to this thread, for post count?

ummmm... no? , I was telling you that if you wanted a decent answer you should probably explain your problem better than that. I doubt I'm the only one who didn't know what the fuck you were talking about . Plus you've been here a week ,and in case you didn't notice , no one really gives a crap about post count.
So STFU
If your fingers aren't comfortable being close together like that, try some chromatic exercises to build up a comfort level as well as a skill level. Play something like:

e-------------------------------------------------- 1 2 3 4---------------------------------
B---------------------------------------- 1 2 3 4-------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------1 2 3 4----------------------------------------------------
D---------------------1 2 3 4--------------------------------------------------------------
A---------- 1 2 3 4-------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-1 2 3 4-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then play it descending, and just keep moving up and down the neck with this sort of exercise. Your fingers will get used to being close together.
Thank you mate and I wish you didn't quote me I saw a spelling mistake in my post and now I can't fix it lols. By the way the very first tab I can understand with out you converting it to a music sheets

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Congratulations, seems like you're progressing well with this stuff.

ShaunDiel, give the guy a break.
Thanks again mate.

Don't worry about the ShaunDiel I deal with that kind of person every day when I'm out in the public.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Hey that exercise is helping me and it actually sounds musical.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Cortfan, I'm not trying to be rude, but I think most of your threads should be in Guitar and Bass Basics. This forum is mostly for music theory and composition.
Quote by werty22
Cortfan, I'm not trying to be rude, but I think most of your threads should be in Guitar and Bass Basics. This forum is mostly for music theory and composition.
Thanks bro I'll remember that from now on at least for music theory and bass stuff.

And no problem its helping a lot, Also I'm going to learn my first apreggio but I would like to know which one would be right for my first one?

I want something at the 12th -17thfrets and really high notes, I like the areggio's like that.

By the way please correct me if I got the wrong spelling on apreggies.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by CortFan1
Thanks bro I'll remember that from now on at least for music theory and bass stuff.

And no problem its helping a lot, Also I'm going to learn my first apreggio but I would like to know which one would be right for my first one?

I want something at the 12th -17thfrets and really high notes, I like the areggio's like that.

By the way please correct me if I got the wrong spelling on apreggies.

For the spelling, it's a-r-p-e-g-g-i-o.

The best advice I can give you would be to take the initiative to construct your own arpeggios; you'll get some basic chord construction under your belt and be able to understand how the arpeggio will work with the chords. There's no "right one" at this point, so learn how chords are constructed, make your own arpeggios and have fun with it.

That being said, I'll give you one of my favorite forms, this one being a B minor arpeggio. I normally sweep this but play it any way you can/feel comfortable doing. To move this to a different arpeggio, simply slide the root down to whatever root you need. Keep in mind this arpeggio starts on F#, which is the fifth of a B minor triad.

e-----------------------10h14/17/19 22-19\17\14p10-----------------------------------
B------------------12-------------------------------------------12-----------------------------
G--------------11--------------------------------------------------11--------------------------
D----------12----------------------------------------------------------12----------------------
A------14------------------------------------------------------------------14------------------
E--14--------------------------------------------------------------------------14--------------
Last edited by :-D at Mar 24, 2008,

e-----------------------10h14/17/19 22-19\17\14p10-----------------------------------
B------------------12-------------------------------------------12-----------------------------
G--------------11--------------------------------------------------11--------------------------
D----------12----------------------------------------------------------12----------------------
A------14------------------------------------------------------------------14------------------
E--14--------------------------------------------------------------------------14--------------

what are the / after the 17th fret? are they half step slides?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
On the top E string, it's this: 10 hammer-on to 14, slide up to 17, slide up to 19, tap 22, pull-off to 19 (sorry I didn't notate that), slide down to 17, slide down to 14, pull-off to 10.

If you're a beginner, you want want to avoid that tap though, as I do all those slides with my pinky because of it.
On the top E string, it's this: 10 hammer-on to 14, slide up to 17, slide up to 19, tap 22, pull-off to 19 (sorry I didn't notate that), slide down to 17, slide down to 14, pull-off to 10.

If you're a beginner, you want want to avoid that tap though, as I do all those slides with my pinky because of it.
OK, I thought so and thanks right now I got a lot on my plate as far as practicing pieces go but I'll print this out and practice it when I have a chance too.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
wait! stop doing the 1-2-3-4 exercise, if your gunna do something stuipid for exercise just do scales, and bends instead. but the best thing you could do would be a song with alot of fingers but still at your skill level, like black dog-zeplin and do the scales or that with a metronome so you acctually gain something useful to go along with decent finger strength.

/run on sentence
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
It's not a "stupid exercise". It will improve the synchronization between your hands especially because the left hand is making such small jumps, and will therefore improve your speed and accuracy. That's pretty damn useful if you ask me. Countless guitarists use and suggest these exercises for one reason: they work when practiced correctly.