So i'm selling a guitar on craigslist and got this email

"Hello....
I would have really love to buy the item but presently my preffered method of payment is via Certified Check. I would have preffered to pay you buy cash but am presently on business trip.
Get back to me your full name and address asap so that I can instruct my secretary to have the check drawn for you.
As soon as you have the check cashed and have your cash.. Then i will make proper arrangement for the pick up.
Get back to me asap"

I'm assuming is fake because normally people don't give you the check and let you cash it before getting the item but what's the point of this? I mean, if they do it to get my full name/address, they can find that on the phone book...anyone knows the point of this?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
what do have to lose my giving ur name and address....recieve junk mail?
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
i thought the guy who wrote the check had to pay for a bounced one. guess not.
so, all he wants to do is screw you out of some money for a bounced check?

I need to take accounting I
If he was bouncing the cheque he wouldn't want you to wait to "have your cash" before you shipped the guitar. Still sounds a bit sketchy.
Anyone who can't spell preferred and has a secretary should get their dick chopped off for being a liar and a bad speller.
Quote by Logan699p
i thought the guy who wrote the check had to pay for a bounced one. guess not.
so, all he wants to do is screw you out of some money for a bounced check?

I need to take accounting I

Actually it's whoever cashes it that has to pay for it - that's why gas stations and other stores charge a 15-20 dollar fee, because if it costs them money and inconveniences them, they'll sure as **** charge whoever wrote the bad check.
"Business trip" is a rather vague and generic phase.
"My secretary" is just him trying to sound professional and trustworthy.
Plus, all the incorrect spelling and grammar gives it away.

DO NOT WANT.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours