Page 1 of 3
its called techtonik and was invented 7 yeras ago in and underground club in France
all the shavs are buying some tight emo pants here

this quite sums up what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DXCZJBn4Q

what do you guys think about it ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Somehow I REALLY can't see it catching on
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
What is a Belgium? Is it some sort of candy?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Those shoes... are just... fugly.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.

Why do they ALL have mullets?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
what the crappy dancing? that's been around for much longer than 7 years, it's been around long enough for me not to give a damn...
Hah! That's really strange...How does it get taken seriously? Particularly the dancing...
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Am i the only person who thought it was cool?
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
Quote by sobrandnew2232
i can't stop watching the video, it's like a car wreck...i can't look away

amen to that. The music is like crappy Electroclash, the video is just hilarious though.

When the guy started dancing at the start.... wow...
Aside from the bad clothes and hair, that was kinda cool ^__^;

*puts flameshield up*
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Guys this is a pretty big thing in France, Belgium and Switzerland

It's a dance that comes from electro and hardstyle

I hate it. What I hate worst is the whole movment around the dance, the music, hairestyles and clothing.

If you have Facebook, type "tecktonik" and you'll find plenty of groups against it, and a few supporting.
Quote by sashki
It's impressive, but also ridiculous.

I have trouble taking it seriously, and am therefore amused.
I must say that he's a better dancer than I'll ever be.

Yeah, I couldn't move my body with that much fluidity if my life depended on it.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
i dont get it is this about the dancing or the music? coz neither are original
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Anty 7
Guys this is a pretty big thing in France, Belgium and Switzerland

It's a dance that comes from electro and hardstyle

I hate it. What I hate worst is the whole movment around the dance, the music, hairestyles and clothing.

If you have Facebook, type "tecktonik" and you'll find plenty of groups against it, and a few supporting.

Yeah, I'm in switzerland and I often see 'hardcore' dancers at train stations. They come with CD players which just blast a straight square-wave 200bpm beat for 8 minutes, and they dance to it.

The ones I've seen only dance from the waist down. Like the irish Riverdance.
All the kids in France were doing Techtonik when i went there a while ago. It's no more retarded than any other form of dancing.
don't let the forest grow over the path you came here by
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Aside from the bad clothes and hair, that was kinda cool ^__^;

*puts flameshield up*

Quote by jasp0r
Hey, this is actually an improvement if you compare it with the hype before this one.

Check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tyAvaLsLFl8
It's called "Jumpstyle" and it's basicly jumping around like a monkey on XTC. Rediculous.

NO! that must die, it was a hype in the Netherlands half a year ago, I did it when it wasn't popular, and all of a sudden, everybody did it. the music is a watered down form of happy hardcore

Mark my words, that new dance will become the new hype in the Netherlands in a year.

Heh, outside from the fashion and the sexual ambiguity of the dancing, twas not too bad... Song was pretty cool.

At least it's five thousand times better than jumpstyle.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
This guy's pretty awesome, I'll admit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KooOg-cx1mA

But yeah now nightclub's are sometimes infested with these freaks, and our equivalents of chavs are wearing these ultra skinny jeans with ****ty hairstyles.

We never had emo over here, so we invented something equally ridiculous...
wow thats pretty gay.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I pray every day that this won't ever pass the channel, or worse, the atlantic. I can already imagine a britney spears video where they all dance like that.

Oh and it's Tecktonik not Techtonik.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
wow thats pretty gay.

From wiki:

It is popular at Gay Pride events in France and was notably so at the event in Nantes and Lyon in June 2007, although it is not specifically associated with the gay subculture.

Hmm...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by NielsWho
NO! that must die, it was a hype in the Netherlands half a year ago, I did it when it wasn't popular, and all of a sudden, everybody did it. the music is a watered down form of happy hardcore

Mark my words, that new dance will become the new hype in the Netherlands in a year.

It will probably take longer than a year, where I live jumpstyle had already been populair for over 2 years before it became a hype in the rest of the Netherlands. Whenever a hype comes over from Belgium we're the first to pick it up here since I live close to the Belgian border and isolated from the rest of the Netherlands, but I haven't seen anyone doing this yet, so it will probably take a little longer before it becomes a hype in the Netherlands
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
I enjoyed the music, but their dancing is too flamboyant for my tastes.
Only thing I have been noticing lately are the same fugly shoes. I can't wait until this comes over to the Netherlands. Seriously, I could use a good laugh.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
I think I just tore my sphincter from the laughter

From laughter? Are you sure?
Quote by sashki
Yeah, I'm in switzerland and I often see 'hardcore' dancers at train stations. They come with CD players which just blast a straight square-wave 200bpm beat for 8 minutes, and they dance to it.

The ones I've seen only dance from the waist down. Like the irish Riverdance.

And he doesn't get killed ?
I'd probably lose control if I had to listen to that at train stations.

What happened to the good old frustrated musicians and classical geniouses ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik

What happened to the good old frustrated musicians

Still got plenty of them.

Quote by urik

classical geniouses ?

Don't go down too well in the clubs.
Page 1 of 3