hi

I'm new to guitar playing and need an amp. After a bit of reading it seems Vox guitar amps are quite well thought of at the lower end.

Can't decide wether to go for the DA5 or AD15VT though.

Im eventually looking to play shoegaze, post rock and that sort of stuff, possibly a bit of metal as well.

any views would be great
definitely the DA5 then. not only because it's more portable, it's also 'only' 5 watts and also has a switch to go to a 0.5 W and 1.5 W mode. and if you want to go to a friend's house to jam or something, you can easily take it with you. AND it has a separate input for a mic too

if you like to play loud (which i wouldn't recommend for your ears's sake), then you could get the AD15VT though. because to be honest, it does sound better than the DA5. not a whole lot better though.

but... for your genres, you might be better off with a Roland micro cube. try it out, you might like it better than the vox for your styles (i preffered the vox though by far for clean, blues and medium gain tones though).
I believe the AD15VT would suit you. I'm not sure about the DA5, I don't know about it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by The red Strat.
it's quite similar to the ad15vt ^

The DA5 only has a tone knob while the AD15 has a 3 band eq. If you are looking for something uber transportable, get the DA5, because it can run on batteries. The AD15 has a better tone, more customability, and the effects sound better. It is the better amp, but is less portable.
Quote by imgooley
The DA5 only has a tone knob while the AD15 has a 3 band eq. If you are looking for something uber transportable, get the DA5, because it can run on batteries. The AD15 has a better tone, more customability, and the effects sound better. It is the better amp, but is less portable.

the effects are equally as good on both amps actually.
Quote by The Masterplan
the effects are equally as good on both amps actually.

Maybe it's just because I have an AD50, but the reverb, chorus and flange sound better on it than on the DA5. It might just be because of the lack of eq on the DA5(I have one of those as well)
5 watts is still loud enough to damage your hearing so dont let the possible lack of loudness be a decisive factor unless you want to use it in a live/band session with drums.

the best thing to do is to try them both out before jumping to any conclusions