Page 1 of 11
So i was wandering amongst this wonderful website and saw this ad. meat = animal cruelty: the video the meat industry doesn't want you to know. So I click on it, and here's a quick overview.

The supposedly shows what happens to pigs, cattle, and chicken. They're all treated pretty bad, have their throat slit while they are still alive and stuff like that. It shows this too, for you sadists out there .

Anyway, I just wanted to gather The Pit's thoughts on the video. I thought it was eye opening, but isn't gonna stop me from eating meat

Discuss

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp?gclid=CJXasIf4o5ICFQ58PAod9gO9QQ
*yawn*
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Meat's only animal cruelty if they go out of their way to make the animals suffer, which maybe some do.
Animals kill animals, we just have tools.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
What's the point of slitting something's throat if it's dead?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
It's generalising to think all firms do this, so no, i don't think it is

ALSO - Animal cruelty is made of animal fat
Meat doesn't necessarily equal animal cruelty.
There's a fairly high coincidence, but I enjoy eating meat too much to care.
Also, according to Maddox, torture makes meat taste EVEN BETTER. So really, cruelty is a good thing.
I need meat to live. I'm not going to take 4 ****ing supplements a day just to stay alive. Meat = key.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
National Geographic.

Eating meat is instinctive. Protein makes our brains larger. Won't worry about how they treat our animals when they are still treating our people poorly. This dogs gotta eat.
Read it in the newspaper
Ask your girlfriends and see if they know
That my strength is tenfold, girl
I'll let you see it if you want to before you go
Quote by gosteelers75
So i was wandering amongst this wonderful website and saw this ad. meat = animal cruelty: the video the meat industry doesn't want you to know. So I click on it, and here's a quick overview.

The supposedly shows what happens to pigs, cattle, and chicken. They're all treated pretty bad, have their throat slit while they are still alive and stuff like that. It shows this too, for you sadists out there .

Anyway, I just wanted to gather The Pit's thoughts on the video. I thought it was eye opening, but isn't gonna stop me from eating meat

Discuss

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp?gclid=CJXasIf4o5ICFQ58PAod9gO9QQ

But wouldn't that, in effect, you know, kill them?

Or would your rather them be butchured without their throats being cut first?

Quote by Retro Rocker
I love this 'holier than thou' attitude a lot of this species has taken on these days.

+1

People often forget that they're animals. I don't think the dominant dinosaurr specie was practicing 'animal cruelty' when it ripped open the flesh of another. He just had to eat, like us.

Granted, he wasn't eating four Big Macs a day, but still.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Last edited by walkinbazooka at Mar 23, 2008,
Animals should be treated well but I don't think eating meat is inherently cruel. These animals wouldn't exist at all if the meat industry didn't require them to.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Vermintide
... Only if it's glued to your face.

Ross Noble?

Okay people deciding to go veggie sadly doesn't help - people will still want meat enough for them to kill animals, but it shouldn't be done in such a cruel way, I suppose.

I personally don't like thinking about the poor dead animallls but I suppose it's what people want....

/ramblings

EDIT:
Quote by sashki
Worse than animal cruelty is extreme vegetarians who try to stick it in your face.

It's better to kill animals in horrible ways than for someone to inform you of it and just hope that you're gonna change your mind?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
To be honest, if it was animal cruelty, I wouldn't stop eating meat. I like meat. And I'm not prepared to let the feelings of a chicken (if it has any) get in the way of that.

Besides, when there's so much cruelty to humans going on, why the fuck should I care about animals? We should help people out first. Basic prioritising, that is. Not to mention that we KNOW humans have complex emotions and experience suffering, whereas (correct me if I'm wrong) turkeys may not have any emotions.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I love meat. Humans are stronger than animals so we may kill them. that's nature... We are better so we can eat them so we can survive. Darwin called this "Survival of the Fittest", and without it, we wouldn't have been alive. SO KILL ANIMALS AND ITS FUN
Quote by Våd Hamster
It's generalising to think all firms do this, so no, i don't think it is

ALSO - Animal cruelty is made of animal fat

and so is George Bush
wat
People who can eat people are the luckiest people in the world.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Ok, people this animal are meant, to be killed. Anyway have you seen how other animals kills other animals? It is cruel too. In fact some are very cruel. So meat is to eat.

In fact I have decapitated some rabbits, and hens. To eat.
I think we should sue wolves for ferociously tearing caribou limb from limb, and for terrifying them during the chase.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Quote by IlikeTheSKA

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka
But wouldn't that, in effect, you know, kill them?

Or would your rather them be butchured without their throats being cut first?

Yeah i know it would, but I'm sure there are more painless/humane ways of killing animals. Btw I'm not a vegetarian or PETA person or something. I just put this out there to see what other peope think.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Are you saying I should stop eating a steak with mushroom sauce every other day because of this?

definately not
Considering that their animals I don't particularly care.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by IlikeTheSKA

I dunno.

I think people meat would be kinda stringy.

Unless, you know, we chained up a fat kid.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I dunno.

I think people meat would be kinda stringy.

Unless, you know, we chained up a fat kid.
I have a chained up fat kid, if you guys want to share. He'll be ready in two weeks
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Ill stop eating meat once animals stop being delicious.

^^^Lol sigged.

Anyways though, screw the stupid pigs and chickens I don't care. It is called instinct, we are supposed to be omnivores, meaning it should be an instinct to hunt and kill other animals. I really don't care if someone comes along and rapes a cow in the ass at the slaughterhouse, they are just cows and they taste really good. Just because people choose to be vegitarian dosen't mean people will stop eating meat, because I will always eat meat. So basically it may be cruel, but thats life and I really coulden't care less.
Quote by gosteelers75
Yeah i know it would, but I'm sure there are more painless/humane ways of killing animals. Btw I'm not a vegetarian or PETA person or something. I just put this out there to see what other peope think.

definately not

Are you suggesting we use lethal injection to slaughter our food? Fuck no! Way too expensive!

Cutting of the throat is the quickest and most painless way to go, why do you think that's how the Muslims sacrifice their animals?

That method is jsut fine, thanks.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Are you saying I should stop eating a steak with mushroom sauce every other day because of this?

Yes. Try it au poivre instead, or maybe just with chili & lime butter.
Are you suggesting we use lethal injection to slaughter our food? Fuck no! Way too expensive!

Cutting of the throat is the quickest and most painless way to go, why do you think that's how the Muslims sacrifice their animals?

That method is jsut fine, thanks.
Wouldn't injecting an animal with poison make it's meat poisonous?
dis-gusting. what nazis.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by gosteelers75

Slitting the throat is relatively quick, is it not? Animal loses consciousness pretty quick due to lack of oxygen getting to the brain.

I know with chickens they give a quick electric shock to knock the bird out before they slit the throat as well.