Is it possible to put new pickups in it? I wanna put the Texas Specials in it. It has "humbuckers" so does that mean i have to get a new pickguard?

Any advice on what I should do?
wat
Last edited by ForrestS at Mar 23, 2008,
Yes. Your guitar has one humbucker and 2 single coil pickups. You need a new pickguard if you do it, but a new guitar/amp would be more beneficial.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
You probably will want to change the pick guard. You can change them out for texas specials, it was be a good improvement. If that is your strat pictured above, it's one of the nicest looking I have seen. Pick guards in general don't do it for me, white ones seem to induce vomiting. Please find a chrome guard with 3 singles. Please...
SQUIER. Why is that so hard? It even says that on the headstock...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
you can change the pickups. Altho u will need a new pickguard, its doable. And there are few amps that you can buy for w/e ur paying for the pickups that will be too much better that what u have. And those Texas Specials will stay in the guitar longer than u will have the amp.
Quote by gregs1020
You probably will want to change the pick guard. You can change them out for texas specials, it was be a good improvement. If that is your strat pictured above, it's one of the nicest looking I have seen. Pick guards in general don't do it for me, white ones seem to induce vomiting. Please find a chrome guard with 3 singles. Please...

I took that picture off of the internet, but it is identical to mine. How hard is it to change the pickups? Is there a site that shows you how?

And I'll get a new amp sometime or another.
wat
Quote by GodofCheesecake

What are you talking about?
wat
Quote by GodofCheesecake

calm down, run along now little grammer nazi lol, nah im joking...

+1 to texas specials, as I personally like them alot, but in retrospect a new amp is the wisest decision.
Quote by ForrestS
What are you talking about?

EDIT: Ohhhh, I see what you did there
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, if you're spending 120-200 bucks on a new pickguard and new pickups...You're halfway there to a new amp that's good.

My dad does have a MIM Strat that I could use, but I really like the way my Squier looks.

Are there any small "Tube" amps that you could recommend?
wat
Small as in: I usally play in my room.

I dont plan on doing any gigs or anything, im still learnin.
wat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pi_xoFpudE thats a how to change pickups vid.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tube-Combo-Amps-Combo-Amps3,100-200.gc small tube amps under 200 bucks.

Keep in mind most people using tube amps prefer a decent distortion pedal and an eq pedal as tube amps don't have these features or they simply aren't as preferred as pedals.

I am not able to refer a specific small tube amp, I have not tried them yet as I am in the market for a 30 watt tube. I would try them out and see which you like better, and bring your guitar to test them with so you know what your sound will be like.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 23, 2008,
Well, there's several small tube amps on the market right now, The Fender Champion 600, the Ibanez Valbee, the Epiphone Valve Junior, the Blackheart Little Giant, the Palomino V8....

And stepping up one size bigger, to 15 watts amps (which would allow you to play with a drummer) you have stuff like the Palomino V16, the Fender Blues Junior, the soon to come out Blackheart Little Devl, the discontinued Peavey Classic 20, the Traynor YCV20, and many more.

What kind of music do you play.
Quote by gregs1020
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pi_xoFpudE thats a how to change pickups vid.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tube-Combo-Amps-Combo-Amps3,100-200.gc small tube amps under 200 bucks.

Keep in mind most people using tube amps prefer a decent distortion pedal and an eq pedal as tube amps don't have these features or they simply aren't as preferred as pedals.

I am not able to refer a specific small tube amp, I have not tried them yet as I am in the market for a 30 watt tube. I would try them out and see which you like better, and bring your guitar to test them with so you know what your sound will be like.

I really like the Fender Champion 600 5W 1x6 Combo Amp. Maybe I'll get that.
wat
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, there's several small tube amps on the market right now, The Fender Champion 600, the Ibanez Valbee, the Epiphone Valve Junior, the Blackheart Little Giant, the Palomino V8....

And stepping up one size bigger, to 15 watts amps (which would allow you to play with a drummer) you have stuff like the Palomino V16, the Fender Blues Junior, the soon to come out Blackheart Little Devl, the discontinued Peavey Classic 20, the Traynor YCV20, and many more.

What kind of music do you play.

I know a bunch of little tunes that are mainly bluesy. I can play "Manic Depression" by Jimi Hendrix(Im pretty good at it, I can even play the solo)

I can play that main riff shuffle thing for Pride n' Joy, by SRV

"The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix

And Stairway to Heaven.
wat
Manic Depression and The Wind Cries Mary are 2 I LOVE but blues they ain't...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!