first came led zeppelisn trmpled underfoot
next, Franz Ferdinad made take me out
and now, paaralyzer by Finger Eleven

if u dont know these songs, listen to them. they all sound the same. i like them all but its sort of annoying for some reason. just throwing that out there.

what are some other songs that have been big that sound exactly the same that you KNOW that they didnt just come up with a similar grove?
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
What the hell are you on about?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Mika's "Relax, take it easy" has an identical chorus to a russian song by a singer named Jasmin

I'm listening to Paralyzer, the rhythm is kinda similar, but I wouldn't say it's an exact copy of Franz Ferdinand.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 23, 2008,
I know all three songs.

I can honestly say I never thought of a resemblance until just now.

and even so
I dont think it's all that close....
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Last edited by NaivexLi at Mar 23, 2008,
there's a song here in Mexico that is IDENTICAL to I miss you.. by Blink-182.. it is like... the same

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Just because the guitar licks are vaguely similar doesn't mean that the entirety of all 3 songs sound the same.
Peace.
i forgot what song it was since i dont listen to modern stuff but someone ripped off Corey Harts "i wear my sunglasses at night"
Quote by pawm24
there's a song here in Mexico that is IDENTICAL to I miss you.. by Blink-182.. it is like... the same

gah...i hate that song, for sentimental reasons. me and an ex had that a one of our "songs"

anyway, completely irrelevant ^ but as for this, i can hear a little tiny bit of resemblance
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
welcome to music.

Its nearly impossibly now days to come up with something thats so original. Music basicly recycles.

and finger elevin doesnt sound much like them at all.
no, they all sound nothing alike.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Justin_43130
gah...i hate that song, for sentimental reasons. me and an ex had that a one of our "songs"

anyway, completely irrelevant ^ but as for this, i can hear a little tiny bit of resemblance

aw.. too bad.. I hate that song too but just because I heard it too much last summer

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Personally, I prefer "Trampled Under Hoof" by Mastodon, so this thread does not concern me.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
they definatly have a similar rythm style and everything. Dont forget "superstition" by stevie wonder, i used to get that and trampled mixed up.

Two songs i see that no one else see is "faust arp" by Radiohead and "A Pillow of Winds" by Pink Floyd. I posted about it on the radiohead forum and everyone was like "Radiohead would NEVER rip someone off what are you talkin about???"
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Most of Led Zeppelin's songs are rip offs.

Same with Oasis.

Bob Dylan's Modern Times album (And I actually like him too )
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
so umm... let's go and crazy train...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders