well i've gone thru every trouble shooting problem i can think of!

every time i turn the amp on it works but when i switch from STANDBY to PLAY it just makes a poppping sound and shuts off! and it blows the fuse that's in the power cord receiver. what the hell is going on? i'm using the right fuse and bought a new cord for the amp to see if that was causing them to blow. but it's STILL doing it. i dont have money to get it done at a shop but it looks like that's the only thing i can do...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
and its NOT the tubes. it's NOT the outlet.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
is your switch soldered wrong?
-try talking to someone who works in a shop, chances are if you tell them your story (enhanced with emotional BS) then they will fix it for free (unless its an expensive part) since tube amps are easy to work on / fix.
i dont think it was soldered wrong. if it was it wouldn't have just NOW started doing this. and when it blew the two fuses for the first time, it was WHILE i was playing.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i cant figure this out. i've had my amp on for like 15 minutes on stanby and NOTHING has blown, but the second i switch to PLAY it will!

no one heard of this?!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Have some patience take it to a tech. Don't BS them into getting you free stuff as unless it's under warranty at an AUTHORIZED shop, they won't. Don't know where Lamrick came up with that. How do you know it's not the tubes, tried them? Can't be an issue with you playing, because sound is going through the circuit anyway in the form of white noise and other noise.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i dont think it was soldered wrong. if it was it wouldn't have just NOW started doing this. and when it blew the two fuses for the first time, it was WHILE i was playing.

No, it porbably wasn't soldered wrong. Because if it was soldered wrong, it would have never left the building. Because most companys test there products before they clear them. And if they don't preform right, they can't be clear until the problems fixed. Soo it's probably somthing else, not the soldering
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i cant figure this out. i've had my amp on for like 15 minutes on stanby and NOTHING has blown, but the second i switch to PLAY it will!

no one heard of this?!

Well, when the amp is on standby, nothing is coming through the speaker right? And when you switch it to play, there is sound. So that probably has something to do with it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
no there isn't sound when i switch to PLAY, there's POP from the fuse blowing in the power cord receiver.

the tubes still glow when it's on standby. and if anything were wrong w/ them the "Tube Failure" lights would come on. also i checked them individually for blackening or signs of blowing.

i got the amp like exactly three months ago and don't have the receipt, i'm afraid they're gonna tell me there's nothin they can do (covered by warranty anyways.)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I'm no electrical king, nor do I own a tube amp, but doesn't the standby switch when it goes to play mode, let the power load through into the speaker? If this is true I'm guessing it has something to do with the wiring of the speaker, i would take it apart and check the wires on the speaker, they might be shorting out, or arcing causing the fuse to go off

probably arcing
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
every time I;ve had that problem it's been because the power tubes where on their last legs, just because they glow and the tube malfunction light isn't on doesn't mean they aren't screwed up. or alternately your output transformer could be blown.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
how could i blow my transformer after only 3 months? i didn't even jam w/ this thing past halfway and it just shut off on me it doesn't make sense.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
well those are just the two obvious answers, you're gonna have to take this thing to a tech.

Last.fm
if i dont have the receipt should i just assume that they're not gonna cover it under warranty?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
What have you been replacing the fuses with?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the power tube fuses were .25A 250V fast blows which i replaced w/ .315 250V fast blows b/c that's all i could find ANYWHERE. also the Randall MTS forum said that as long as they were under 400mA they would be fine.

the power cord fuse is a 3A 250V slo blo which i replaced accordingly.

i doubt the power tube fuses would be causing the problem if nothing's going wrong w/ them.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
did you completely disregard my post?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
well what is it u mean by arcing? like they're bent wierd at the solder point causing malfunctioning? or something else? i'll open up the back rite now
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
if they're are arcing that means electricity is shooting back and forth between the two wires. This is pretty easy to notice.

Last.fm
store's closed on sundays. i'm checking for arcing rite now
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i've only got two fuses left before i'm all out. and i had to order these off of ebay cuz no one in town has em. if i turn the amp from standby to Play and its not the speaker doin it, then i've wasted all but my last fuse.

is there anyway to check for arcing w/ it just on standby?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
no, because in standby the output transformer is shut off. check the wires to see if they have blackened or anything. also make sure the outlet you are plugged into is properly grounded, that can also cause the fuses to blow (in order to prevent you from being electrocuted)

Last.fm
yea the outlet is the same one i always use. i even tried it in a surge protector w/ a different outlet
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH