man, havent posted here in ages. anyway...

hopefully getting my bass this week. im buying a used fender squier p bass, ibanez phathed pedal, anda laney 150 hardcore bass combo all for $200. then my friend joe is selling me an esp ltd b-50 bass for $60-$70 once he gets strings on it and cleans it up a bit. im thinking of taking them both, plus some cash, and seeing if i can trade them in for a nice used ibanez or something else. i play metal alot and use higher frets frequently, so im looking for something with 2 pickups and 24 frets. these are a few models i was thinking of-
ibanez srx2ex
ibanez sr400qm
ibanez srx500
ibanez srx300
esp f-104
(in case you cant tell, im a big fan of the feel of mid-end ibanez basses)

give me some reviews on these, if you can. also, when i get a decent 4-string, i was planning on saving up and getting a cheap 5-string just to mess around with. once again, 24 frets is preffered. i was looking at the epiphone embassy standard 5-string. any reviews/help on anything is appreciated. thanks!
Quote by Jiimy
Yeah basically the cat marked your bass as it's territory and the only way to reclaim it as your own is to...well...you know...mark it yourself man.

Quote by IndianRockStar
There is a wonderful place called Harmony Central. Go there. But nothing is a substitute for going and trying the basses out.

+1

itz tru tho init. lyk ull neva no if u lyk da bass till u giv it a play.

dey myt hv diff neck profiles n stuf.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
+1

itz tru tho init. lyk ull neva no if u lyk da bass till u giv it a play.

dey myt hv diff neck profiles n stuf.

Maybe you should pay more attention at school so we know what the **** you are saying.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by Mescalino
Maybe you should pay more attention at school so we know what the **** you are saying.

Mbbe u shud lyk, nt mess wid ma mte coz if u do i'll stb ya up bled, u gt it?

TS, i bare lyk thse bases so jst go n play em ennit
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Mescalino

yhh listen 2 max.

he's lyk ma bredrin n we iz gna have u up if u strt on us init.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
To the TS, Ibanez basses are pretty easy to find. I agree with IndianRockStar that you should try them out before you buy. The ones you have listed will do well for your genre.

And Max and Jon, Happy Easter..but the chav holiday pantomime needs to end now...
It has been a while since i registerd on the forum but dont you need at least be 13 years old to register...?

To the TS i wouldn't stare blind on the ibanez. I'm not saying they are bad but there are many basses in that range that are much better.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by FbSa
O.k, ^That was the last slap dealt in this thread, next person to tick me off wins a warning.

It wasn't a slap merely an observation.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by Mescalino
It has been a while since i registerd on the forum but dont you need at least be 13 years old to register...?

Cool it kiddo . It was just a #Bass joke that sorta spilled over into the forum.

Quote by anarkee
And Max and Jon, Happy Easter..but the chav holiday pantomime needs to end now...

It's over, we'll behave now won't we max?

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Yes, we hate people who can't type just as much as you hate them.

Quote by Jonnomainman
Cool it kiddo . It was just a #Bass joke that sorta spilled over into the forum.

It's over, we'll behave now won't we max?

And yes we'll behave now
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
well do you think im getting a good deal on the fender and the esp?
Quote by Jiimy
Yeah basically the cat marked your bass as it's territory and the only way to reclaim it as your own is to...well...you know...mark it yourself man.