Poll: Follow Through, or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Follow Through, or not?
Sounds good, I give the "go ahead"
11 65%
You don't NEED this, it's only going to kill your tone
3 18%
Get the footswitch, the others can wait
2 12%
Get the EQ, it'll help the most with your lead work
1 6%
Voters: 17.
*POLL ADDED

This is the extension of my rig I am looking at (sorry for the bad lines and bad improv on the amp)
*the order is just there because I didn't know the order to put them in

Additions:
Danelectro Fish & Chips 7-band EQ ($28)
Vox VFS-2 dual button footswitch ($30)
3 - 4.5inch Live Wire patch cables ($8)

Total = $67

Do you think I should put in the "go-ahead" to the parents and buy the stuff, or not worry about this?

Will this setup work well together?

I'll probably be buying a Rocktron Hush pedal next month or the month after for noise/feedback I already get.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Mar 23, 2008,
Looks good to me
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
you should grow some hair on yo peaches and buy that **** yoself SON!!

man i WISH my parents bought me gear.
a footswitch and an eq pedal are both universally useful and are definately great to have
Will the VFS2 Work with a ValveKing? If so I think I found a footswitch
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
As long as the footswitch works with the VK, yes.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
The EQ isn't totally necessary, I have one and almost never plug it into my VK, because the EQ on the amp has been sufficient for me for the last year and a half, while I've played MANY genres with it. I say get the other stuff, and add the EQ later if you think you really need it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
The EQ isn't totally necessary, I have one and almost never plug it into my VK, because the EQ on the amp has been sufficient for me for the last year and a half, while I've played MANY genres with it. I say get the other stuff, and add the EQ later if you think you really need it.

You have a good point there...

There's no real way for me to test it, so I don't know. I heard in one of my previous threads that the EQ would help my tone substantially, but maybe it's more of just a boost?

Well, if I do follow through..I'll think I may just keep it for backup just incase I do need it.
If you plug in your pedals like that, you won't get any sound. But otherwise it's fine, I guess.
Quote by kyrreca
If you plug in your pedals like that, you won't get any sound. But otherwise it's fine, I guess.

I have no idea what you ment there. Care to reiterate?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
It's just that the inputs and outputs on the pedals are mixed up in the picture. It was meant as some kinda joke.
I'd get one less patch cable and use the Boss DS-2 for sledgehammer practice. But everything else is definitely useful.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.