Who watched it on sky one 2nite, i did and i thought it was very good. there were alot of bits missed out from the book and some bits changed but over all it was good. still not sure about david jason as rincewind.

thoughts people?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I read Terry Pratchetts books but after seeing the Hogfather.... i'm never watching a discworld film.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
hate sky, i'll watch it on the net later
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
dont have sky, I'll just bask in the warm glow of not having a book spoiled by an adaptation.

also not convinced at david jason as rincewind. I always thought of him as really lanky, tall and thin kind of thing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by shoolocomous
dont have sky, I'll just bask in the warm glow of not having a book spoiled by an adaptation.

also not convinced at david jason as rincewind. I always thought of him as really lanky, tall and thin kind of thing.

Thought i'd pop in and say same.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I watched it, against my will, and I found it quite boring to be honest.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
i think they are never goin 2 b as good as the books, ive got them all and love them, but its nice 2 see the discworld come 2 life, how ever i really think they need 2 make a new game. like a discworld MMORPG lol, that would b ace.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I'm not a Discworld fan, but you'll never transfer those books into a series or film. Just doesn't work like that.

EDIT: I have read three of them though, didn't like them apart from The Light Fantastic. Although, I do respect Pratchett to no end for his dedication, fan support, donations, etc.
Last edited by Craigo at Mar 23, 2008,
Fan of the books, havent seen the film things. Im worried it'll spoil all the images in my head.
Although if everyone thinks its good, i may get round to watching it........
Discworld is awesome! too bad i live in Canada and can't watch the Sky1 films
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag