Hey guys, I've been playing quite a while now (probably about 7ish months), but most of what I've played up until now is rhythm acoustic and electric (barre chords, open chords, most variations of them, 7ths, major 7ths, minor 7ths, 9ths, blah blah). I improvise solos on my electric quite often, and know most of the modes and how to use them, given a key, I have decent vibrato and bends. However, I don't know where to start with actually learning real songs.

Please reccomend me some songs that will help me improve my technique (highly technical, maybe, just not SUPERLOLFAST or anything in Drop D)
I always recommend Jimi Hendrix. It might be much simpler then what you want...but it usually makes for fun playing regardless - if you like him.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by manmanman133
Hey guys, I've been playing quite a while now (probably about 7ish months), but most of what I've played up until now is rhythm acoustic and electric (barre chords, open chords, most variations of them, 7ths, major 7ths, minor 7ths, 9ths, blah blah). I improvise solos on my electric quite often, and know most of the modes and how to use them, given a key, I have decent vibrato and bends. However, I don't know where to start with actually learning real songs.

Please reccomend me some songs that will help me improve my technique (highly technical, maybe, just not SUPERLOLFAST or anything in Drop D)

Can you list some of your favourite bands?

It is much easier to learn a song if you actually like that song to begin with.

Also, when practicing. First start off slow with a metronome, and pay very close attention to the rhythm. Then gradually build up speed, only increasing the BPM, when you can steadily play the given song in time, at the previous tempo. That is the best way to learn a solo.
Can you go past Guns N' Roses? I mean really? Learn something like Welcome to the Jungle, SCOM, the more well known stuff. But even the not-so-well-known stuff would be good too. Great solos and a steady rhythm.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
The best things to learn are things you like, because you will be excited to learn them. Don't learn a solo just because it's hard or because it is famous.