Alright guys, I've got one guitar already, and with the addition of my Rocker 30, I feel I need something to save up towards. The music I play changes tunings, so it's a pain to keep changing tunings and onstage that could be a problem. So I hope that if I can give you guys the info on what I'm looking for in a new guitar, you can help me pick one. Keep in mind, if it doesn't fit the description exactly, I can make sacrifices. I don't have a set budget, but preferably not over $1000 USD. If necessary, I can save up for awhile though.

Ok, so for starters:
-I will be playing hard rock to thrash metal.
-a trem isn't necessary. in fact, I prefer not to have one.
-I'm not fond of active pickups
-humbuckers please
-I don't mind if I have to change out the pickups or something
-I'm not a fan of bolt on necks

Thanks for any help you can offer guys. Someone recommended a Schecter C-1 Classic to me. Think this is a good choice?

Ben

EDIT: on second thought, I think active pups would be fine. I just don't have much experience with them haha
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by muffinman123192
The music I play changes tunings, so it's a pain to keep changing tunings and onstage that could be a problem.

Gibson's Robotic Guitar.
That was a joke.

Seriously -
Washburn X50PRO? It's bolt on but it's an awesome guitar.
Derp.
Ibanez SZ520QM!!!
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
I read everything and then was going to post to advise you to get a C-1 Classic, then it caught my eye that you said someone already suggested one. So thats two reccomendations right there! It's a great guitar, I have had mine for about two years and I can play any style of music on it. And it tunes great since thats going to be an issue with you playing live.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by .Will.
Gibson's Robotic Guitar.
That was a joke.

Seriously -
Washburn X50PRO? It's bolt on but it's an awesome guitar.

No...it's set neck.
Funny words.
I"m really pissed because I almost got a C-1 Classic for $150 but he cancelled the ad and hasn't replied to my calls/emails.
Ben
The regular Schecter C-1 is really good. I also really dig the Dean Cadillac 1980. You also can't go wrong with an epi les paul standard.
Quote by imgooley
The regular Schecter C-1 is really good. I also really dig the Dean Cadillac 1980. You also can't go wrong with an epi les paul standard.

Yes, you can. From what I've seen Epiphone has had some pretty dodgy LP's the past year or so, plus factor in he's willing to spend up to and over $1000, then yes, you can go wrong with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Funny words.
Right, I'd prefer under $1000. I'm not getting this for awhile as stated, so I really don't mind having to save up. Sorry if this is a bit confusing.
Ben
Sorry to bump this, but I'd think the mods would prefer if I didn't start a new thread. I was looking into explorer shaped guitars when I came across the ESP/LTD EX-400. It looks like it would suit my style, but most reviews says that the headstock is too heavy and is hard to play live. Any Suggestions?
Ben
Get a Tele, a '72 Reissue with humbuckers. It may not be what you were thinking of but my son's got a guitar like that and he just loves it. He plays your style(s) mostly as well.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
the headstock heaviness of the ltd ex-400 can be completely eliminated by using a strap that isnt nylon.
Quote by mikeyElite
the headstock heaviness of the ltd ex-400 can be completely eliminated by using a strap that isnt nylon.

I feel a bit stupid by asking this, but how does that help?
Ben
I was actually thinking C-1 Hellraiser the entire time I was reading your specs. So yes, good choice.
Quote by rooster456
I was actually thinking C-1 Hellraiser the entire time I was reading your specs. So yes, good choice.

It seems like this might be the one for me. But, my friend is selling an LP Double Cutaway for cheap, and if he doesn't back out, I might have that. I might replace the pups in my current guitar with some higher output pups or EMG's if I have to.
Ben
Quote by muffinman123192
I feel a bit stupid by asking this, but how does that help?

i thought the same thing but i have two dimarzio cliplock straps ones made of nylon and ones cordura or something like that and switching to the cordura one keeps my guitar in one place.