Hey everyone, I need some help with a problem with my epiphone les paul.

Here's the lowdown: I bought an epi LP custom (black beauty) 2nd hand from a guitar shop about a year ago, all has been well until recently when I switch to the neck pickup, it doesn't work. If I strum hard enough it manages to come on.

It's all very confusing.

Could someone tell me what it could possibly be and how I could solve this problem?

Thanks

Jake.O
Waheyy Boy!
Loose connection, faulty volume pot, could be all a manner of things. Have it checked out by a tech.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I took it to the only place that could help me.

Heres how it went:

I left it there for a month to come back and see they hadn't touched it

lol.

I'm sure theres somebody around.
Waheyy Boy!
it sounds kind of like you have a gate in your effects chain with the threshold set too high. if you don't have one, i would check the sautering at the pickups, the switch, and the output jack
Right....okay.

I didn't understand much but thanks anyway =)
Waheyy Boy!
Quote by viper_mike
it sounds kind of like you have a gate in your effects chain with the threshold set too high. if you don't have one, i would check the sautering at the pickups, the switch, and the output jack

Output jack and the gate theory make no sense if the bridge works. "sautering"? Is that consuming some kind of sausage? Spray some contact cleaner into the switch and into the volume pot, and check for cold solder joints.