How can i eliminate fret buzz??? Other then raising the action is there any other ways.

is this height normal for a guitars action or is it too high/ too low. because i have it right here but im still getting some fret buzz but i dont wont raise it too much because then its hard to play
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
That looks pretty high, but it could be your truss rod. There's a whole sticky on fret buzz somewhere, I think its in the guitar basics forum, check it out.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
You never get that buzzless. It's just the nature of the guitar. Hell, even $1500 are hard to get buzz free and be reasonably playable. Likewise, the picture is useless; show around the 3rd fret to the 12th.
Quote by CJRocker
You never get that buzzless. It's just the nature of the guitar. Hell, even $1500 are hard to get buzz free and be reasonably playable. Likewise, the picture is useless; show around the 3rd fret to the 12th.

sorry i read somewhere that action was determined at the twelth fret
Thats pretty high and don't let anyone tell you you can't get rid of fret buzz. If you have a guitar tech in your area go get it set up and ask if you can watch he may let you. If you have never played a guitar set up right you are in for a treat.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
Thats pretty high and don't let anyone tell you you can't get rid of fret buzz. If you have a guitar tech in your area go get it set up and ask if you can watch he may let you. If you have never played a guitar set up right you are in for a treat.

I have never played a guitar under $2000 that did not buzz; if a freshly setup Hamer or Jackson won't do it, a $400 Epi won't

TS, the bow tends to run from about the 6th fret down to the 14th, give or take the size of the neck. It's measured around the 7th.
There's fret buzz and then there's BUZZ - like enough to effect the ringing out of the notes.

The action in that picture looks pretty high. I'd lower the bridge some and if the buzz is really bad the neck needs adjusting. You should take it to a tech or learn how to do it yourself.
Thanx for all the help guys and thanx for telling me about the thread in the guitar basics forum that will help me alot, aswell.
I have been setting up guitars for longer than I care to say here. With proper truss rod adjustment saddle and nut heighth. Just about any guitar can be set up to play buzz free. If your having problems you need to source out a different tech or if your doing it your self let me know and I can walk you thru it. A strat can be a bear but fixed bridges are pretty simple.
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by guitarplaya322
How can i eliminate fret buzz??? Other then raising the action is there any other ways.

is this height normal for a guitars action or is it too high/ too low. because i have it right here but im still getting some fret buzz but i dont wont raise it too much because then its hard to play

That is the highest action i have ever seen. Get the neck adjusted lol
Quote by modernp
I have been setting up guitars for longer than I care to say here. With proper truss rod adjustment saddle and nut heighth. Just about any guitar can be set up to play buzz free. If your having problems you need to source out a different tech or if your doing it your self let me know and I can walk you thru it. A strat can be a bear but fixed bridges are pretty simple.

Do you mean to say that any guitar can be set up with "reasonable" action and be buzz free? ANY guitar can be set up buzz free if the action is high enough. My humble definition/preference of 'good' action is low action, and I can tell you now that not many guitars under the $1000 mark can achieve what I would call low action without an appreciable amount of buzzing...
Tell you what I set most of the guitars really low and yes a buzzless guitar can be set up. If the guitar isn't a stinker to start with. 75 percent of fret buzz on a cheaper guitar can come from unlevel frets. A simple crowning will usually take care of that problem. My mim strat is an example. With the wilkinson 2 point tremelo and the bass frets and a graphite nut it just smokes. To the point my session friends borrow that one all the time. As a session player for a long time I have seen a lot of inexpensive guitars that play really nice. Nice to the point of hearing them on radio and cd's.If you want send me any decent guitar under 500 I will pay freight and send it back no charge.
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
HOW do you play with that high of action? jesus mother of god.

get that thing setup correctly already!

and watch if u can. if not, there are PLENTY of posts here on how-to's, also infinite resources on the net.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by modernp
Tell you what I set most of the guitars really low and yes a buzzless guitar can be set up. If the guitar isn't a stinker to start with. 75 percent of fret buzz on a cheaper guitar can come from unlevel frets. A simple crowning will usually take care of that problem. My mim strat is an example. With the wilkinson 2 point tremelo and the bass frets and a graphite nut it just smokes. To the point my session friends borrow that one all the time. As a session player for a long time I have seen a lot of inexpensive guitars that play really nice. Nice to the point of hearing them on radio and cd's.If you want send me any decent guitar under 500 I will pay freight and send it back no charge.

I just sent you a massive private message, please check out your inbox, I need your aid!