I have an epiphone g-400 sg and it wont stay in tune at all. What could I buy to keep it in tune? new strings? anything? im using the factory strings .... please dont tell me to get a new guitar either...
I got the same guitar for Christmas. I noticed that too, but once I put on new, thicker, strings it stayed in tune a lot longer. I'm using 11's now, I believe they come with 9's.
new tuners, new nut, better strings, graphite in nut slot
Send me off to bed forevermore.
also...when you re-string it, wind the string over the little bit that is sticking out the first time it goes around, and then the rest wind the string under the little but thats sticking out
^+1
most of the time, new hardware isn't necessary, changing the way you string the guitar will be much more beneficial and less expensive
I had this problem with my epi LP, and now that i've fixed the way i string my guitar, it hardly ever goes out of tune
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by domino_92
also...when you re-string it, wind the string over the little bit that is sticking out the first time it goes around, and then the rest wind the string under the little but thats sticking out

i dont understand exactly how to do it.... could you explain better?
Quote by flonkas
I have an epiphone g-400 sg and it wont stay in tune at all. What could I buy to keep it in tune? new strings? anything? im using the factory strings .... please dont tell me to get a new guitar either...

How long have those strings been on there for?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
My SG is like that. It's the newness of the wood in my case. It's highly susceptable to changes in temp and humidity. One day mine might be flat everywhere, the next it might be sharp. The more stable you can keep the environment that the guitar is usually in, the more stable the tuning will be. A good set of strings on it helps tremendously, as does wrapping them correctly at the tuner posts. Try a set of Gibson Brite Wires, .010 gauge. They won't let you down.