I have my SG that I play in standard and drop D tuning. I am buying an LTD EC-1000 that I'm gonna keep in drop C tuning. On my SG I use 11-49 strings. Just wondering what would be the best to use on the LTD for drop C and beable to keep good tension so it's not like playing wet noodles.
i think 11's would suffice for C, if you like it tighter than that try some 12's
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
11-54 is good but if you want more tension than that go for 12-56
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Quote by htsktim91989
i think 11's would suffice for C, if you like it tighter than that try some 12's

You got there first!
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
I think that Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom string work best for Drop C...I think that they are 10-51
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

i have D'addario (spelling??) 10-52 and they work great for drop C
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I can do drop C with 11-48s on my SG, although I set my action and neck relief kind of high. If you have low action you may want to use thicker strings to avoid fret buzz if you hit the strings too hard.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm