Page 1 of 2
ok i thought i'd make a kentucky thread,so anyone from kentucky just post here, also feel free to talk to me on here if your looking for a bassist or guitarist. anyway peace
Hey, we're working on forming a band. If interested, please message me. We're currently looking for a bassist and rhythm guitarist.
yeah man i sent you a message in your thread, where do you live? i live in central area, around lexington
Quote by xxZERO320xx
yeah man i sent you a message in your thread, where do you live? i live in central area, around lexington

We live in the area, rarely ever mentioned. You had the "central" part right, but we live in Central City of Ky, which would be located in Muhlenberg County. Worst county, ever.
well that sucks, too far away yet again lol. wish i could find someone close by, but anyway yeah wish i was closer too there. but i still hope you find your bandmembers keep checkin on here someone might be on from around there.
Quote by xxZERO320xx
well that sucks, too far away yet again lol. wish i could find someone close by, but anyway yeah wish i was closer too there. but i still hope you find your bandmembers keep checkin on here someone might be on from around there.

Yeah, that sucks. It'd be really cool to meet someone on here who was close by, though. Apparantly, I'll be lucky enough to even meet someone from Ky.
I've been looking to start a band for a long time! I live in lexington, and I play guitar. I'm 17 and got fired from my job so i can practice about anytime.
Quote by pspspeed
I've been looking to start a band for a long time! I live in lexington, and I play guitar. I'm 17 and got fired from my job so i can practice about anytime.

yeah man that sounds cool, i'll play pretty much any type of music under the sun, although my favorite is surf rock, but anyway, so whats some of the bands you listen to?
From Danville , up at school in NKU right now... anyone maybe wanting to jam this summer?
I'm in good old Grayson County here....planning to relocated to Butler county, or Bowling Green...I LIKE THIS THREAD lol.

Guitarist, who plays from blues-rock to metal \m/.

they should sticky some like this-like, area-wise. Make is much easier imo.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
I'm in good old Grayson County here....planning to relocated to Butler county, or Bowling Green...I LIKE THIS THREAD lol.

Guitarist, who plays from blues-rock to metal \m/.

they should sticky some like this-like, area-wise. Make is much easier imo.

yeah thanks man,i was actually starting to think there would'nt be anyone from kentucky post,after it got bumped to the fifth page.good news is i found a guitarist my age on the same street as me!!but if anyone on here is in lexington or nicholasville(or just has a way to get to nicholasville)then don't hesitate to post anyway man,hope this thread help's everyone to meet, instead of looking endlessly for one single person
Yep, I'm from Kentucky all right! yee haw!

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
yeah, The band I'm in finally got back to me..have a practice this saturday.

Rock on.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

...and don't sig me.
I'm still searching for a bass player and rhythm guitarist down here in the Greenville or Central City area. Anyone in Madisonville or Owensboro will also do.
The ohio thread is huge...there is even some KYish ppl in it...

Why so many in Ohio?

lol

People can't drive there. I.e., they suck at driving.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
The ohio thread is huge...there is even some KYish ppl in it...

Why so many in Ohio?

lol

People can't drive there. I.e., they suck at driving.

yeah i know,were here with maybe 5 or 6 people so far and the state above us gets like ten million response they even stole some kentuckians.

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
Quote by xxZERO320xx
yeah i know,were here with maybe 5 or 6 people so far and the state above us gets like ten million response they even stole some kentuckians.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Kentucky is like the most unwanted and neglected state, ever. Perhaps they felt like being in with a bigger crowd. Then again, maybe they're just ashamed to be a kentuckian. I know I'm far from proud of where I live in Kentucky. Not really the state, but the county. If I lived in Owensboro, then it wouldn't be so bad. Our county's, by far, one of the worst in Kentucky. Our biggest attraction we have is Wal-Mart and fast-food retaurants. What people do for fun? Uhhhh....well, nothing. Thus, explaining the thrill of people getting high around here.
Quote by Hair Banger!
Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Kentucky is like the most unwanted and neglected state, ever. Perhaps they felt like being in with a bigger crowd. Then again, maybe they're just ashamed to be a kentuckian. I know I'm far from proud of where I live in Kentucky. Not really the state, but the county. If I lived in Owensboro, then it wouldn't be so bad. Our county's, by far, one of the worst in Kentucky. Our biggest attraction we have is Wal-Mart and fast-food retaurants. What people do for fun? Uhhhh....well, nothing. Thus, explaining the thrill of people getting high around here.

WAIT WAIT

You live in Leitchvegas (aka Leitchfield) too?! In grayson? haha.

We have a mcdonalds and a super wal-mart! Plus, they even build a mcdonalds in that same wal-mart!

Oh my life is sad here.

Can't wait till I move closer to Bowling green
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
yeah my town is'nt any fun either,you have wal-mart fast food and a skate park(and i don't even like skating )yeah i actually get excited about going to wal-mart,thats how bad it is

Quote by Zycho
Yeah, it tends to be the hang out place.

Everyone you know goes to wal-mart, because if they don't.

where the f*** else would they be??!!

I have to drive atleast an hour to find a half-decent guitar shop too.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
So, I'm bumping this, as, I don't think my current band will work out.

I'm not a punk guitarist, and, have no real input on the songs, so..

Blues/rock hard rock guitarist looking in and around Grayson, Butler, and Warren County.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by xxZERO320xx

sad thing is Kentucky actually has a lot of people, we have the 16th largest city in the country, yet.... still only maybe 7 people in this thread? "and Australia was like WTF mate"
Yeah. Probably because not enough people use the interent.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
WAIT WAIT

You live in Leitchvegas (aka Leitchfield) too?! In grayson? haha.

We have a mcdonalds and a super wal-mart! Plus, they even build a mcdonalds in that same wal-mart!

Oh my life is sad here.

Can't wait till I move closer to Bowling green

It seems there's too many similar places in Ky. However, our Wal-Mart doesn't have a McDonald's inside. I've heard of Leitchfield, but am not from there. Have heard of it, though. I'm in Muhlenberg County. Looking for anyone in the Central City, Greenville, Madisonville or Owensboro area. Those who live a little further out are welcome, as long as they're willing to go the extra miles.

P.S. I will admit, this place sucks, but we always have The Eagles to go to. It's a place where band's get together and play every weekend in front of crowds. Beer and the like is also served!
Quote by Hair Banger!
It seems there's too many similar places in Ky. However, our Wal-Mart doesn't have a McDonald's inside. I've heard of Leitchfield, but am not from there. Have heard of it, though. I'm in Muhlenberg County. Looking for anyone in the Central City, Greenville, Madisonville or Owensboro area. Those who live a little further out are welcome, as long as they're willing to go the extra miles.

P.S. I will admit, this place sucks, but we always have The Eagles to go to. It's a place where band's get together and play every weekend in front of crowds. Beer and the like is also served!

Lucky! Dry counties suck.

This weekend I'm participating in this blues jam though:
http://www.kentuckybluessociety.com/

I'm hoping it will help me get some exposure. Hopefully, I don't suck! lol

I plan to have some videos up afterwards.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
Lucky! Dry counties suck.

This weekend I'm participating in this blues jam though:
http://www.kentuckybluessociety.com/

I'm hoping it will help me get some exposure. Hopefully, I don't suck! lol

I plan to have some videos up afterwards.

That's cool. I used to not care for anything, except for rock, but lately, I've been having exposure to other kinds of music. I've always respected other genres of music, regardless of whether I've actually liked it or not. Well, all except for rap...never cared for that. It's take what you can get around here, especially with music and band members. Certainly not a wide variety of either, at least not decent. Anyway, good look to your performance. I guess the only thing for me to do for now, is to hope and pray we find someone for our positions. In the meantime, some friends was wanting some rock versions of their songs, so I guess I might work with them.
Quote by Hair Banger!
That's cool. I used to not care for anything, except for rock, but lately, I've been having exposure to other kinds of music. I've always respected other genres of music, regardless of whether I've actually liked it or not. Well, all except for rap...never cared for that. It's take what you can get around here, especially with music and band members. Certainly not a wide variety of either, at least not decent. Anyway, good look to your performance. I guess the only thing for me to do for now, is to hope and pray we find someone for our positions. In the meantime, some friends was wanting some rock versions of their songs, so I guess I might work with them.

I hear you. I'm hoping to come out of that place saturday with some good word of mouth.

And,

not to embarrass myself!
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
I hear you. I'm hoping to come out of that place saturday with some good word of mouth.

And,

not to embarrass myself!

good luck man!!

Quote by Zycho
Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom

And,

not to embarrass myself!

I'm sure you'll do fine. Hell, at times, I play the ****tiest lead solos, due to the fact of not having it down good. People still sit and compliment me. I always think, "What the hell?! That was ****ty!" Hey, why argue, though?
I live in Morehead... o.o;

xD Doubt any of ya'll are near/from there though -.-'

Closest I've seen in this thread is Lexington.
I live in Owensboro. No shortage of guitarists here. Just GOOD guitarists...
And there's like...one drummer? And I called dibs.

The only thing I CAN'T find for a band around here is a singer. The people who try out are either cocky Axl Rose type characters, or they hear me say the word "Metal" and instantly assume I'm talking Dethklok type metal and leave.

I hate Kentucky sometimes...
Yeah, there is quite the shortage of guitarists(or any musicians for that matter) around Morehead. There are a few really good guitar players, but, they are already in bands that don't really want to do other things. And, then there is the pile of mediocre players.. Which, I will probably have to be desperate and try and get with xD

(Granted, I am probably considered one of the mediocre as well xD)
haha Welcome to the thread!

Update: Yesterday, everything that could go wrong, did!!!

It was horrid~!

Like, my pedals didn't work, guitar went outta tune, didn't know one of the songs, the usual!
Had to use strange gear, a fender deluxe amp, which made me not a fan of fender amps!.

Not the greatest showing, though the talent scout there said I didn't do too bad for someone thrown on stage with out any warm-up and an out of tune guitar!

And, as soon as I get home, I try out all my pedals and they work.

haha Not bad for a first time huh?
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
haha Welcome to the thread!

Update: Yesterday, everything that could go wrong, did!!!

It was horrid~!

Like, my pedals didn't work, guitar went outta tune, didn't know one of the songs, the usual!
Had to use strange gear, a fender deluxe amp, which made me not a fan of fender amps!.

Not the greatest showing, though the talent scout there said I didn't do too bad for someone thrown on stage with out any warm-up and an out of tune guitar!

And, as soon as I get home, I try out all my pedals and they work.

haha Not bad for a first time huh?

Hey, if they said you did good, then I guess you did good. That's all that really matters.
Quote by -/Goblin\-
Yeah, there is quite the shortage of guitarists(or any musicians for that matter) around Morehead. There are a few really good guitar players, but, they are already in bands that don't really want to do other things. And, then there is the pile of mediocre players.. Which, I will probably have to be desperate and try and get with xD

(Granted, I am probably considered one of the mediocre as well xD)

there ain't no good free drummers in meade county either and if they are good they are in another band and there ain't no good singers here either
Quote by Hair Banger!
Hey, if they said you did good, then I guess you did good. That's all that really matters.

hehe Guess you are right! The guy who puts those jams together is a friend of mine on myspace now, and he keeps messaging me, so, I'm not out yet.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
hehe Guess you are right! The guy who puts those jams together is a friend of mine on myspace now, and he keeps messaging me, so, I'm not out yet.

That's awesome. Come Independence Day, I'm scheduled to play for an event at a friends' house. Ha, it's a wrestling event of his, but it's better than nothing. Sometimes, quite a crowd is drawn in. I'm hyped, even though it's still months away. Last time I played at an event of his, though, I screwed up BIG time. I was too worried about the other guitarist pulling his part off, and not worried of my own. Ha, ha, I learned a BIG lesson from that: pay attention to your part, not some else's. Then again, we had NO time to rehearse, at all!!! There's not much that could be expected.
I do know that the crowd absolutely HATED my friend on rhythm guitar. He didn't have his technique down on palm muting, so his playing pretty much sucked. No one liked his playing, and literally held their ears. I was getting ready to say, "Man, if you keep on, you're gonna have people throwing trash at us!"
Quote by Hair Banger!
That's awesome. Come Independence Day, I'm scheduled to play for an event at a friends' house. Ha, it's a wrestling event of his, but it's better than nothing. Sometimes, quite a crowd is drawn in. I'm hyped, even though it's still months away. Last time I played at an event of his, though, I screwed up BIG time. I was too worried about the other guitarist pulling his part off, and not worried of my own. Ha, ha, I learned a BIG lesson from that: pay attention to your part, not some else's. Then again, we had NO time to rehearse, at all!!! There's not much that could be expected.
I do know that the crowd absolutely HATED my friend on rhythm guitar. He didn't have his technique down on palm muting, so his playing pretty much sucked. No one liked his playing, and literally held their ears. I was getting ready to say, "Man, if you keep on, you're gonna have people throwing trash at us!"

Thats great!

I hear you about time to rehearse, and soundcheck

Anyways, good luck!
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Page 1 of 2