me and my guitarist are trying to find some drum tracks for some metallica songs but all we find are backing tracks that have drum and bass and we need them to be only drum tracks. does anybody know a site that will have only drum backing tracks?
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
i mean not just to jam to but we want to record a cover of for whom the bell tolls and we need the drum tracks
Ibanez SR 505
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
If you set Guitar pro up right on the newest one the drums are really sweet sounding. Took me a bit to get them sounding right (ex: the cymbals weren't consistent) but I got it sounding really great for a machine.

And hell, if you can't get a drummer or backing track, I say: take what you can get.

Edit:
Check out the rough clip I have from the cover I'm working on.
You can tell it's a machine, but it's not bad for what it is, and you can fine tune them even more with an EQ too. I had them sounding better than that, but it was drowning out my solid state tone, which couldn't cut through he drum's tone at peak sound.
http://www.myspace.com/dailycrucifixion

I'm not advertising, I could care less how many people look.
I just wanted to show what I meant.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 24, 2008,
you got that using Guitar Pro? how do you export that so i could use it in a program like Audacity? sounds good btw!
Ibanez SR 505
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
If you go to "File>Export>Wave" You can save it as a wav file.
It might sound bad if you have a poor sound card though. =\

Also if your drums sound bad (Ex: when playing the snare/cymbal sounds different every time it gets hit) go to the RSE menu and pick the "Rock" drum kit; it's much better. The "acoustic" one sucks, in my opinion.

Edit:
Also, give Kristal a try.
It works much better than audacity, has full parametric EQs and and mixers for each track, and is free for non commercial use!

If you need any more help, just let me know, and I'll try my best.