i tried the fulldrive yesterday at gc and it was amazing but i want an OCD also. SO should i get the fulldrive or the OCD?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Get rid of your bheringer flanger first and get a proper one. Until you do that, buying any new pedal is like putting a plaster on a cancer tumour.
oh i dont have them all in the chain. i randomly put it a couple for fun and stuff.
Randomly putting that pedal into a chain is like slipping a dog terd into one of the trays in a cafeteria.
well of course it will be a permanent addition. im just in the need of a better overdrive than my ts-9. and honestly youre no help right now. and by looking at your username and gear im just going to have to assume you have no idea what youre talking about.
Well, judging someone on a username they wrote more than 2 years ago is a bit stupid, seeing as people's testes change. Secondly, I don't spend much money on my gear, but anyone who knows anything about it will testify that it's actually pretty good considering where it is in terms of price tiers. Plus, AVA, Blink, and +44 are pretty cool still, even though they're not my favourite bands anymore, no one can argue blink was a completely **** band. What specifically is wrong with my gear anyway?
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Mar 23, 2008,
Look i dont care about anything right now except an answer to my question. youre only pissing me off by saying a ton of stupid ****.

but anyways, can anyone answer my question please? itd be much appreciated. i just dont know which one is the better buy.
Have you tried out the OCD? Also, have you tried out either using very similar guitars and amps to what you already have?
fulldrive 2 ftw, i think its one of the best and most versatile OD pedals out there. the ocd just doesnt do it for me, or the gt-500
To be perfectly honest, a FD2 is NOT that much better than a tubescreamer. The TS-9 is a fantastic pedal and most often the "faults" that people point out in it are the reasons it is such a great pedal. This is also the reason the FD2 is almost a DIRECT clone of the TS-9.

Now, if you are one of those who feels like the TS-9 has obvious faults, and you want something different, an OCD is a great alternative. I have both, and i use both almost equally, but i often prefer the TS-9.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Have you tried out the OCD? Also, have you tried out either using very similar guitars and amps to what you already have?

i couldnt find the OCD ANYWHERE. and yea i tried it through a sg standard and a palomino but not a VK. but the sound clips of it on youtube sound very similar to the fulldrive. I got GC to call me once i they get some in tommrrow or tuesday so ill be able to try it out then for sure. but i just want UG's opinion in the meantime.
I see a lot more people with the fulldrive, but this might be because it's less rare so that may or may not mean anything. And if it is indeed true that the fulldrive is very similar to the TS-9 then I suggest getting the OCD because tonal versatility is very important.
i dont know the fulldrive2 didnt seem to sound anything like a ts-9 to me.
Quote by SRVStrat808
To be perfectly honest, a FD2 is NOT that much better than a tubescreamer. The TS-9 is a fantastic pedal and most often the "faults" that people point out in it are the reasons it is such a great pedal. This is also the reason the FD2 is almost a DIRECT clone of the TS-9.

Now, if you are one of those who feels like the TS-9 has obvious faults, and you want something different, an OCD is a great alternative. I have both, and i use both almost equally, but i often prefer the TS-9.

He's right. I've had both and they are very different, too. Yea the TS has a little bit of a mid hump and lacks bottom end as well as only moderate gain but that's why it maintains its tone. I personally don't like the OCD, although it is transparent and has lot more gain.
mm ic. gonna need more opinions. ive been looking at reviews on Harmonycentral and i think im leaning towards the OCD.
read the interview with mike fuller on guitar centers website, he explains everything about the OCD and FD2 and what their based off of and everything, good read.
yeah and its interesting what he says about tubescreams and stuff and how they kill your volume. thats why it pisses me off when people say the fd2 is a exact replica of the ts 808 when the fd 2 is a far superior pedal.
yea it was really nice when i played it. hopefully the ocd seems to have jsut as much gain as the fulldrive though and a bit bitetyer (dont know how to spell that haha.)