Page 1 of 2
Evening all,

Just thought i'd drop a quick line to introduce myself, having been recommended this site by a colleague.

The names Nick (although most people call me Eddie) and am just about to start learning the bass guitar.

There seems to be a wealth of information on here, not that i understand a lot of it as yet, so i hope you'll excuse me if the odd silly question pops up know and again.

The road to enlightenment (for me, anyway) start here !

Many thanks to those that contribute thier time in this forum!

Laters

Ed.
*reported*

Take it to the Newbie Forum.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Welcome to Ultimate-Guitar.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
*reported*

Can we forgive him? he seems nice

Ed, there's an unwritten rule here: Never question Thefitz.
Any others we all shoud know?
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
Quote by fleajr_1412
*reported*

Wow, you're a d-bag for doin that to someone who doesn't know. Anyways, welcome new guy!
Ed, there's an unwritten rule here: Always question thefitz, always question any regular here.

Just because we've been around a while doesn't mean we're correct!

Don't feel intimidated to ask questions but make sure you do a thorough search of the internet and the forum (read the FAQ, it'll be helpful) before you make a post!

And welcome to our wonderful bass forum

If you want to know how to get into Bass chat, (the bass forum chatroom) feel free to ask.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Some rules for the Bass Forum.

1. Don't question thefitz
2. Don't talk about Bass Forum
3. Respect your elders, respect the regulars
4. Don't mess with John Swift
5. Don't mention F#, Thunderbirds, and don't ask what bass to get.

Have fun. We're nice here, we just like those rules.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by fleajr_1412
*reported*

Wow! Although technically you're right to report... I'd like to think we're a more forgiving and friendier bunch down in the Bass Forum than the other parts.

Anyways, Celtic_Monkey welcome!
Quote by Jonnomainman
Ed, there's an unwritten rule here: Always question thefitz, always question any regular here.

Just because we've been around a while doesn't mean we're correct!

Don't feel intimidated to ask questions but make sure you do a thorough search of the internet and the forum (read the FAQ, it'll be helpful) before you make a post!

And welcome to our wonderful bass forum

If you want to know how to get into Bass chat, (the bass forum chatroom) feel free to ask.

+1

Everyone SHOULD have the mindset that everyone can learn something from everyone else.
All of you need to go back to the Rules forum.

THERE ARE NO RULES...

but seriously--welcome to the band of irregulars. We're bass players so we are highly opinionated, quirky, helpful and fiercely protective of our own. Question us, question our opinions, learn and give and receive.

Any questions about the forum itself, please PM one of the mods, including me.
Okay guys, here are the rules, the proper unofficial rules:-

1. Question regulars, we're not always right!
2. Don't talk about the Bass Forum.
3. Respect everyone, regulars, new people, people you don't like.
4. Feel free to do what you want with John Swift (unless it contradicts rule 3 which has precidence)
5. Don't mention F#, Thunderbirds (you'll only get a biased, band wagon answer here) and if you want help picking which bass be detailed in your initial post and/or search the forum for previous "what bass to get threads"

Could we please stop all this "Regulars are right" stuff? We might be right a lot of the time but we don't deserve to be brown nosed/respected anymore than anyone else on the forum.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by Jonnomainman
Okay guys, here are the rules, the proper unofficial rules:-

1. Question regulars, we're not always right!
2. Don't talk about the Bass Forum.
3. Respect everyone, regulars, new people, people you don't like.
4. Feel free to do what you want with John Swift (unless it contradicts rule 3 which has precidence)
5. Don't mention F#, Thunderbirds (you'll only get a biased, band wagon answer here) and if you want help picking which bass be detailed in your initial post and/or search the forum for previous "what bass to get threads"

Could we please stop all this "Regulars are right" stuff? We might be right a lot of the time but we don't deserve to be brown nosed/respected anymore than anyone else on the forum.

What you said is good, too...
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Jon you forgot the part about bandwagons and Carvin and Rotosound strings....

But again--to the TS, just check out the rules at the top of the first page of the forum. They're pretty simple and straightforward.
hey, i'm guessing due to celtic being in your name you're either Welsh, Irish or Scottish?

anywho, jonnomainman is right about those rules

we the regulars are almost always right but not always, if we are wrong make us aware but don't be a dick about it.
if you feel the need to be a dick about it your uppance will come in the form of either anarkee or fbsa banning your sorry ass.

welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay

EDIT on the subject of band wagon jumping, just because the general consensus say that carvin and rotosound are good and epiphone are bad doesn't mean we're all on the bandwagon. Most of us have valid reasons for either liking or disliking the product mentioned. It's the few wannabe regs that hang on every word we say about everything. Remember our opinion is just that and should only be taken as that, i and most would agree that you should go and form your own opinions about these products
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Mar 23, 2008,
Welcome to the wonderous bass forum! Me and Anarkee our mods here (UTBDan too, but you know...) one of the biggest rules is don't tick either of us off, or you'll stumble upon the might of....

Nah, you're not ready for that yet.

Oh, and this is the kinda post that belongs in the whats-it forum, but, we're not really that strict here in the forum.
Hey there new guy, We are a good lot on the bass forum. You seem like a cool guy, Welcome aboard!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
A few things about Bass Forum.

#1: TheFitz is litterally worshiped around here.
#2: Gibson/Epiphone basses are frowned upon.
#3: PLEASE read the FAQ
#4: Talking about F#0, and/or ability to hear lower frequencies can result in a warning or even a ban.
#5: Behringer and Big Muff are also frowned upon.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Hello there new guy! Since you're going to starting bass soon and don't know as much as you would like, you should probably take a gander at the Bass FAQ. Deliriumbassist did a wonderful job putting it together, it will answer many of buring questions.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
Quote by DemonicSloth
Hello there new guy! Since you're going to starting bass soon and don't know as much as you would like, you should probably take a gander at the Bass FAQ. That sexy beast Deliriumbassist, and the other not quite as sexy, but still pretty damn sexy contributors did a wonderful job putting it together, it will answer many of buring questions.

Fixed
Im late as hell, but I dont care. Welcome. Pretty much everything that could help you has already been said, so Ill just say good luck!
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Originally Posted by DemonicSloth (and fixed by Deleriumbassist)

Hello there new guy! Since you're going to starting bass soon and don't know as much as you would like, you should probably take a gander at the Bass FAQ. That sexy beast Deliriumbassist, and the other not quite as sexy, but still pretty damn sexy contributors did a wonderful job putting it together, it will answer many of buring questions.

You know Ben, I get automatic sexy points just for being a small chick with a big bass. Just ask Jon!

And to the TS, yes--read the FAQ. It does contain tonnes of useful stuff and answers the basics of bass. And its a good read to boot.
i'm gonna sound really dumb....but who is thefitz?
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by fattymcfatten
i'm gonna sound really dumb....but who is thefitz?

You'll find out.
Look up his profile on the community.
Edit:Thank god I caught that double post.
Last edited by matt-attack at Mar 24, 2008,
thanks.....I found some of his posts....He's amazing
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Welcome to UG Bass Forum. we are the keepers of all bass knowledge. although no single person holds all the answers. we work as a team (band of mis-fits).
and always with a generous portion of humor, and sarcasm.
*stands in the shadows, looking all mystic-like, refusing to post on the thread in case it ruins his sense of intrigue*

Wait... DAMMUT!

So... um... Hi.

Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by anarkee
I get automatic sexy points just for being a small chick with a big bass. Just ask Jon!

Is Jon a small chick with a big bass too?
Quote by smb
Is Jon a small chick with a big bass too?

*anarkee looks over at Jon..*

Nope, don't think so...at least he doesn't appear to be so...well...um...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643268&page=2

Yeah, that was a bad inside reference to another thread. Epic phail for the moddess.
Tam knows full well im a big, strong man

So does her daughter

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by Jonnomainman
Tam knows full well im a big, strong man

So does her daughter

i call bs
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
First off, Hi Celtic, and welcome.

Ok, I might get ripped apart for asking but whats the deal with the F# thing??
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
Quote by Crashman77
First off, Hi Celtic, and welcome.

Ok, I might get ripped apart for asking but whats the deal with the F# thing??

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802574&highlight=lowest+note

Welcome threadstarter! I've recently been completely won over by the Bass Forum myself. I think you'll find it absolutely helpful and a great online community.

I also think I sound like a cultist. Pshew.

Meh, enjoy!
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Y'know, the whole "worship TheFitz" thing was cool a few months ago, but I find that it is getting out of hand. I find that he is being praised on nearly every thread now, and it is going to go straight to his head.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Page 1 of 2