Ok, So i'm halfway through writing a chord progression and i've come A# Minor, But I'm not sure whether Instead of just using A# Minor if i could use something like A#m6 or A#m7-5, Would this still fit into the Chord progression?
There's a bunch of cool things you can do. Would you mind giving me the full progression you're making?
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
It's Based on G Locrian but please point out any mistake because i've only learned about Chord progressions today and i might have made some mistakes.

Locrian    I°     bII  biii    iv    bV       bVI     bvii
         Gdim    G#m   Bbm    Cm    Dbmaj    EbMaj    Fbm

I know some of these probably have the wrong names because i have G twice but i'm not sure how i'd balance them all to be written right and it doesn't make a difference anyway... I think.
Ooph. Locrian huh? In that case you're going to be extremely limited in what chords you use. Locrian can't be harmonized like a usual major/modal progression because of it's incessant urge to resolve.

But maybe I've missed your point and you're just basing a progression with Locrian but not necessarily attempting to stay in that tonality? I would say limit yourself to maybe the iii and vii if you want Locrian. But I'm not too good with modal progression. So hopefully someone will answer and help us both out.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
Ooph. Locrian huh? In that case you're going to be extremely limited in what chords you use. Locrian can't be harmonized like a usual major/modal progression because of it's incessant urge to resolve.

But maybe I've missed your point and you're just basing a progression with Locrian but not necessarily attempting to stay in that tonality? I would say limit yourself to maybe the iii and vii if you want Locrian. But I'm not too good with modal progression. So hopefully someone will answer and help us both out.

Use a minor tonic for Locrian. This will make it stable. use a minor mediant as well which emphasizes the b5. I would not suggest writing in Locrian, however as it is very difficult to establish any tonality with.

As you've said progressions are new to you, so I would suggest making progressions based on the major scale, until you are comfortable with them. Then move onto minor, and then you can think about modes.
Well i've written a progression for G Aeolian which i'm using for the verses but I wanted something different for the Chorus. I wanted to chorus to sound more angry but I wasn't sure how to achieve it.
Quote by Ziggums
Well i've written a progression for G Aeolian which i'm using for the verses but I wanted something different for the Chorus. I wanted to chorus to sound more angry but I wasn't sure how to achieve it.

I would suggest that you just write differently. Aeolian is fine for angry music. Emotion's come more from how you use the scale, than what scale you use. Add some accidentals, as they can help make it heavier. If you really want a key change just try something like F# Aeolian, as this will be a distinct change, but will be no harder to write with.