Can I remove two valves from a Windsor head to reduce the wattage a little?
If so, how do I do it, do I just grab the tubes and yank them out , or what? and can I keep the tube/tubes that I pull out to put back in later.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
I'm pretty sure the current travels through the tubes to get to the speaker, so you would need to like solder a wire with a pretty high capacity onto the leads in the tube socket?

that's my theory with no educational backup
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
I'm pretty sure the current travels through the tubes to get to the speaker, so you would need to like solder a wire with a pretty high capacity onto the leads in the tube socket?

It's possible to pull some power tubes from some amps (Peavey 6505 I believe), without any soldering or anything (you might have to change the impedance tho). The current still travels through the tube socket I believe. But I'm not sure if you can do that with the Windsor...
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by danyellenik

Nah, in some amps its possible to pull tubes to reduce the output, some it isnt.

Its not just as simple as a wire running through the amp with a number of components one after the other.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
So... Is it possible on the windsor to pull two tubes?
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Try it. If it starts up and u get a sound good for you. I have to ask why your doing this though. The volume wont be drastically lower unless u have a attenuator rated at 50W all you lose is head room and the badass sound quality you get from a good 100W tube head.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Mostly, I'm just curious if it can be done, I like fiddling with things, I'm worried about blowing fuses though. Does anyone know how I can find out if I can remove tubes from the windsor without breaking it?
Quote by GeneralGrim
Can I call Peavey and ask them?
Quote by GeneralGrim