i need help on getting my first tube amp ive narrowed it down to a randall g3 or a peavey valveking which one would be a better choice for me guitar-tone wise?
Randall G3? I thought the G3 series was solid state (or possibly hybrid), but not tube. The RG50TC is tube.

Also, it really depends on budget and what you play.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
The G3 is hybrid technology, using both solid state materials and real tubes. It all depends on your budget, and spec requirements. Enlighten us?
ive got the valveking and with a metal muff it sounds incredible
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
A Valveking would be good. Maybe look at a Crate Palomino or a Randall RG50, depending on your budget.
ok so my budget is about 700 dollars but i can go higher if the amp is that good, so, give me suggestions for what you guys think the best quality tube amp is, be specific
Quote by sygnates21
ok so my budget is about 700 dollars but i can go higher if the amp is that good, so, give me suggestions for what you guys think the best quality tube amp is, be specific

What genre of music do you play specifically?
i play mostly metal and hard rock also i enjoy clean stuff like blues at some times but mostly it has to have a face melting solo setting and a chunky metal riff thing too
if you get the valveking you will need an OD pedal for metal
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Valveking is a nice tube amp.
I always preach about the Laney GH50L, though.
It's the best amp I've played in along time.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Vandals572
if you get the valveking you will need an OD pedal for metal

The valveking has plenty of gain by itself. I would get a Peavey classic and stick an OD pedal in front of it for metal. The valveking is sick, but I find the tone on the Classic to be a little better. The valveking is less $$$, though.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
you may wanna try a carvin x100b ( used not new ) that ll give you good cleans and good distortion, out of the two you suggested i would go w/ a valveking
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
idk when i went amp shopping a while ago i didn't think the valveking had enough gain, but try out the amp before you purchase it and maybe you will like it
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I'm going to get the Hughes&Kettner Trilogy Head, with a cabinet, it sounds awesome on some of the video clips I've seen and I play Heavy metal, rock, but blues and jazz and all soughts and apparantly it kicks ass at everything! Just buy a reverb pedal with it and your sorted.