alright so im getting kinda bored with how my epi les paul looks and i want to give it a different look without drastically altering the guitar (i dont want to refinish or anything like that) yeah its kinda limited but i just want something different for it

btw heres a pic of it

EDIT: this is an old pic, so the pickups are different. i have an EMG 81/85 combo in there now and i have no intent of changing them

NOPE
Last edited by Nakon14 at Mar 23, 2008,
thats beautifull man!! dont ruin it... if you feel like taking a break from the guitar.. better buy another one... dont damage this one
put a pickguard on it?
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
A pickguard would be nice. Maybe some new hardware, like a new bridge/stop-tail in a different color or some different pickup rigs or covers.
You can get like huge decals that cover a large area of your guitar. I saw a zakk Wylde- esque bulls eye design (might look cool on that red finish you have). Maybe you could get some different volume and tone knobs also.

And I also like to play Oblivon!! the map is on my wall too
Noo, don't cover up the paint with decals or pickguard or anything, its a nice finish
My advice is To put some silver covered pickups in with silver pickup mounts, some new crome knobs, bridge, pickup switch etc, It will just give it that extra edge,
gurg, where have you seen those decals at, that would be kinda interesting to mess around with. i am kinda thinking about getting new hardware or something, im just not entirely sure if like gold or somethign would look the best on that

oh and just putting this out there, this is an old pic of the guitar back when it had the stock pups in it, now it has EMG 81/85 combo in it so its not exactly the same
NOPE
Put in a zebra set of SD JB/'59 and a creme pickguard. That would look awesome!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

hey for decals google guitar raps
thats where i got my floral design from if you saw my thread
kinda going with the pickguard idea, i was thinking one of those clear plexiglass ones would be cool. for that would i be able to buy that somewhere or would i have to make that myself? im still open to other suggestions for stuff to do too
NOPE
I say get new knobs, the finish is beautiful....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Vanquish
Put in a zebra set of SD JB/'59 and a creme pickguard. That would look awesome!

hear this man
All black hardware (tuners, tom and stop piece, pickup rings, etc) + black pickguard + black chrome knobs

Would look like the sh*t with the EMGs and that sexy red finish IMO!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
if you are really up to it, on ebay there is a guy who sells vinyl inlay stickers
they dont damage the wood at all, you cant feel them, and they have a wide variety
you could use a brown sharpie on the inlays to get it to look inlayless
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
Gold hardware would look pretty killer on that.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
Gold hardware would look pretty killer on that.

+1
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by kurtlives91
I have always hated the stock top hate knobs. Put some speed knobs on there, maybe rewire it with better pots and such.

I've always hated those speed knobs and would put the stock goldy ones on an LP if I ever bought one. Funny huh ?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
ok so today i went out and got a pickguard and a couple of new knobs (only had 2 of the four though) and threw those on. i think the blue in the knobs kinda looks cool with the red finish what does everyone else think?

NOPE
that is one unique guitar like that... im actually liking those knobs as they are