I have a epiphone les paul studio with stock pickups. I use a Marsahall MG100DFX and i was thinking about buying some gibson humbucker pro pickups and wondering if it would make than much of a diffrence.
no, ditch the MG and go for a good tube amp first.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Drewski09
no, ditch the MG and go for a good tube amp first.

+1

Nothing can save the damage an MG (or any **** amp) will do to your tone.
Quote by -Collapse-
+1

+1

Si Senor, tu estupido
Quote by -Collapse-
+1

studio equipment can.
Quote by whatadrag
+1

Si Senor, tu estupido

Are you calling me stupid?
You're the one who owns one.

(To the Red Strat)
And if you can afford a full professional studio then buying cheap equipment obviously isn't your problem, is it?
Quote by kjkamo
I only had $500 it was the best amp i could afford

BEST!?!?!

you should of looked at this forum more before you bought.
Quote by kjkamo
I only had $500 it was the best amp i could afford

I got my amp for $500 aswell and it blows a Marshall MG out of the water and into the depths of hell where is came.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
the only other options i had at the store was somethin like a fender 212 and a used crate( which i was going to get but the knobs were all screwed up on it) and i personally dont like the sound of most fender amps, everything else was under 50w
Quote by kjkamo
the only other options i had at the store was somethin like a fender 212 and a used crate( which i was going to get but the knobs were all screwed up on it) and i personally dont like the sound of most fender amps, everything else was under 50w

by the way I read this, you're thinking in terms of SS...

Tube amps under 50w are good, and a hell of a lot better than 120w SS (except JC-120).

You should consider tube amps, 15-30w should be enough for gigging, home practice, and then some. Add pedals to suit your needs.

Point ----- YOU DON'T NEED 100W TO SOUND GOOD
Quote by kjkamo

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Palomino-V32-30W-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp-487828-i1146112.gc

There's an option that is 102460476234 times better, louder, and cooler. Less money too.
Quote by dudey5691
by the way I read this, you're thinking in terms of SS...

Tube amps under 50w are good, and a hell of a lot better than 120w SS (except JC-120).

You should consider tube amps, 15-30w should be enough for gigging, home practice, and then some. Add pedals to suit your needs.

Point ----- YOU DON'T NEED 100W TO SOUND GOOD

they didnt have any tube amps but i changed the pickups(gibson burstbucker pro and gibson 57 classic) and made a huge diffrence but now i have a job and can buy a new amp to further solve the problem
yea...i was told to buy a new amp before doing pick-ups because "i would never ever ever ever notice the difference on a spider!"

well, short story shorter, i ignored the advice given, bought a new pickup for my jet-king and it was the best decision i have ever made. who'da thunk that you'd notice an INCREDIBLE difference on a spider?

oh yea, that was me
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
yea...i was told to buy a new amp before doing pick-ups because "i would never ever ever ever notice the difference on a spider!"

well, short story shorter, i ignored the advice given, bought a new pickup for my jet-king and it was the best decision i have ever made. who'da thunk that you'd notice an INCREDIBLE difference on a spider?

oh yea, that was me

THats like putting Nitrous on a Pinto...

Its going to make it go fast but its still just an effing POS pinto

Sure pickups may make your MG sound a little better but its still going to suck
Quote by stangconv
THats like putting Nitrous on a Pinto...

Its going to make it go fast but its still just an effing POS pinto

Sure pickups may make your MG sound a little better but its still going to suck

lol except not?? if it improved my tone significantly, like amazingly, then who cares if its a spider, mg or hot rod deville? sure, the hot rod deville would make my jet king sound that much better, but i bought a new pickup for my jetking, had it instead, adn dangit, it sounds amazing
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33

oh yea, that was me

This is why...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Going from epiphone pickups to gibson pickups isn't really an upgraid. It's more of a step sideways. You are just paying a lot for gibsons. If you want to spend that kind of money on guitar pickups then look into seymour duncan, dimarzio, or one of the many boutique companies.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by steven seagull
This is why...

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by steven seagull
This is why...

+1

I tried many different guitars with an MG and could abrely if hear ANY difference between them!

Quote by The red Strat.
studio equipment can.

Only so far! Heard an MG recorded professinaly and it sounded like a good amp recorded badly...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by steven seagull
This is why...

lol nice

but, i tested that. i did recordings and let multiple people here them, and u can definitely tell the difference. ill be posting a vid of wat the seymour duncan sounds like in my Jet-King in a couple of days if you want to hear it. the stock pickups' vid is in my sig
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^Make sure to use the exact same settings, etc.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^Make sure to use the exact same settings, etc.

lol ill keep it as true as possible!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional