i wanna get a new guitar, this will be my second guitar. im really getting into guitar and i play hours a day. Im into bands like iron maiden, papa roach, aerosmith, metallica, acdc, guns n roses, led zeppelin, alice in chains, alice cooper, that kind of stuff. what would be the best guitar i could get for 400$ for this kind of music? i dont care if it is used or not. Please give me links if you can! thanks!!

crazy
(ESP) LTD's are good for that. Or you may want to check out Schecters..

alot of people here are going to say schecters i bet.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by xx619xx
get at esp(ltd) explorer.
there amazing

+1, or anything LTD in that price range.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
400 penny sweets....Sorry that had to be said, you walked right into that one!

There is sale on at Thomann.com where they are selling an Epiphone Les Paul with EMG's 81's/85's for only 450 euro. Which is about 500 dollars. I know thats over the budget but I mean, dude! Come on! DUDE!
I would say a new amp, and then a new guitar. Just save your money up so that you can get what you REALLY want. You don't wanna buy a guitar then a year later wish you'd bought another.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Quote by AngryGoldfish

There is sale on at Thomann.com where they are selling an Epiphone Les Paul with EMG's 81's/85's for only 450 euro. Which is about 500 dollars. I know thats over the budget but I mean, dude! Come on! DUDE!

come on shipping from germany come on!
my fender stratocaster does the job for all that stuff...its actually rather versatile.
its a mex, you can get em for 400 pretty much anywhere on the internet.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
well right now i want a guitar... even though an amp would be nice because my guitar now is pretty bad... like the playability of it. its got some bad fret buzz and i already adjusted the neck, stuff like that. so for guitars.... what do you think of epiphone SG g400?
Id say save some money then get an LTD-400 but youll have to pay more than 400. theyre 900 but it worth the money youll spend. Thats what ive done as my second guitar with a Viper 400 instead of buying a 100 with cheap pickups and firewood.
Quote by AngryGoldfish

dude that would only cost £4 lol

thats for the penny sweets btw
alot of people will disagree, but u can get a decent epiphone for about $400. I've had a lp and an sg400 and love 'em both.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
esp/ltds are definately something to look into. Try a viper, or an M/M-II. If you want a floyd or a neck-thru (I recommend both) its gonna cost a little more, but definatly worth it considering the stuff you're gonna be playing on it.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
An LTD or maybe an Ibanez....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
but actually i have an Ibanez SZ520QM that i got for 380 but it seems more into the metal genre then my kind of music... the main thing tho is the appearance of the guitar.... i dont like the color.... so i can send it back if i want ( which i probably will because i dont want to regret getting the wrong guitar). but theres a small local shop nearby where they buy guitars really expensive. theyll buy my 175$ starcaster jumbo pack (amp, stand, gigcase, learning videos, chord, guitar,) all that stuff for 175$ and theyll take the guitar for 90$, so im guessing theyll take this guitar i got off the internet for maybe even more then i got it for
Quote by muppet_man456
dude that would only cost £4 lol

thats for the penny sweets btw

LMFAO!!!! Well spotted mate! I've been shamed.
450 euro is defineteley more than 500$
i'd get an epipgone les paul or sg,
or an esp ltd in that price range. or an ibanez
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
right now i have a like 100$ starcaster (bad version of a strat

Lmao, that's what I have....sucks huh?

I just bought an Ibanez RG3EXQM1, looks great, plays great, and feels great. It was only $350.

You could try getting that, and buy a wah pedal or something with the remaining $50.
Epiphone G-400 is a good choice. mine was around $350, i love it, it's my second guitar and i like most of the same music as you
a nice set of knicker-bockers, thats what $400 can get you.

EDIT: a used schecer c-1 classic i mean

EDIT: *schecter*
ESP LTD's rule. The one I have, even though the lowest model, kicks the crap out of some all the guitars under $500 I have played. Just throw some EMGs in it and its amazing.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
Get an esp ltd explorer, or v, or ax. Id go with the explorer, the points are pretty low and it just sounds amazing.
Plus, it only cost me about $270 so you can also get urself a distortion or something pedal for about 100 then ull be all good

Im canadian btw
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
right now i have a like 100$ starcaster (bad version of a strat

hey! me too!

My next guitar is gonna be the ESP Eclipse II, though.
O O

___
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
Lmao, that's what I have....sucks huh?

I just bought an Ibanez RG3EXQM1, looks great, plays great, and feels great. It was only $350.

You could try getting that, and buy a wah pedal or something with the remaining $50.

what kind of pedal could you get with $50?

all i've seen were like $100 and up...
O O

___