Hi
I bought a boss metal zone a couple weeks ago and now for some reason the light and effects won't turn but it still plays to the amp like normal, the batteries work and I've tried replacing them. Tried switching cords out, etc. Not sure what the problem is. I didn't buy the adapter for it.
It's the only pedal I have.

Thanks
yeah all of the hornets that are used to generate the effect have died, you need to get new ones.

in all seriousnees, it could be any number of things, take it to a tech.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It seems like lately the MT2's have been having alot of problems.
Yeah, the bees inside died.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
also as an upgrade I suggest you replace the European Hornets that come standard with Asian giant Hornets, they really add punch to the pedal.

Last.fm
I forgot to mention like an hour after leaving it alone it starts working again for a few minutes then fades away as I'm using it. During that time I noticed the light isn't on at all.

I don't know what hornets are :S I'm noob lol
Last edited by 877O at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by 877O
I forgot to mention like an hour after leaving it alone it starts working again for a few minutes then fades away as I'm using it. During that time I noticed the light isn't on at all.

I don't know what hornets are :S I'm noob lol

Hmm... not sure. Best bet would be to return it.

You don't know what hornets are???
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
we already told him to either take the thing to a tech or return it, short of actually looking at the pedal to see whats wrong with it that's the best we can do.

Last.fm
I assumed they didn't put real bees in the pedal >_<
or was that a metaphor lol
it's a joke based on the fact that the pedal sounds like a swarm of angry wasps/hornets/bees.

but yeah return the pedal to the store, or if you can't do that take it to someone who fixes pedals.

Last.fm
Ooh you made me think it was a part of the pedal ah
And I'm happy with the sound lol

Got it from musiciansfriend, wonder if I can replace it and try a different one O_o
Wow.
Actually... find a local guy to mod it too (there's mod kits out for them), which takes out most of the hornets out and replaces it with...... dark.......chocolate?.... Dark, crunchy, delicious.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by acdcrocks0323
YOu can send back to MF and they cover shipping. Then buy an EHX Metal Muff is you absolutely need a metal pedal. Saving up for a nice amp would be more sensible though.

Yes but I have an esteban guitar I bought for $100 i wasn't sure if I should buy a good guitar before an amp, what do you think?
And I didn't think there was an amp better than a pedal at the same price of a pedal.
if your guitar is playable and stays in tune then get a new amp, if your guitar is really hard to play and does not stay in tune, then get a new guitar.

Last.fm
I'm not sure if it's hard to play or I'm just not good since I've never played a different guitar before. Definitely playable I just don't know if there's things I can't do on it that I could on a better brand guitar. So I'm guessing no one here has played esteban guitars >_< figures
Oh yeah it stays in tune. korg ca-30 is great
Well you can get something really decent for around 300. Up in the 500 dollar range starts to get really nice. Of course if you are a beginner you should try some other guitars to compare that playabilities of them to see if you can deal with yours.
I've played a few esteban acoustics, they sucked horribly. I would suggest a new guitar.

Last.fm
That's good enough for me lol
Thanks guys very helpful
haha something funny I just found out, you can't return something to musiciansfriend after 45 days and it breaks on the 45th day!!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

hornets.

did you really just do a google image search for "shagging hornets threesome"?

sick bastard
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
did you really just do a google image search for "shagging hornets threesome"?

sick bastard

Nah I grabbed that image from the wikipedia article on hornets, and apparently they are fighting.

Last.fm