I'm justcurious what people think of this guitar, i've been thinking about buying one since my epiphone LP standard isn't functional anymore, and i'm low on cash.
I've played one before, they aren't as nice as a Epiphone Les Paul Ultra though. Play a Special first then decide for yourself.
I agree I have a Special,and also have an Epi Les Paul Classic and it is a way better made guitar.Fixed neck verses a bolt on, on the Special.Save your money a little longer and get the better of the 2 I.M.O. You won't be dissapointed.
Gear

Les Paul
MARSHALL MG100DFX
DIGITECH RP250 Guitar processor
AND A SMALL MARSHALL MG15
When I can't rock the house
They are a decent guitar, but they certainly don't suit my style. The neck is a gloss finish, which has a certain grip about it. The human hand doesn't slide across it very well. Also the neck is a bit big for my hands, but I have really small hands. The action definitely makes it a rhythm guitar, so if you're into big solos I wouldn't go for the Special II.

Other than that stuff, it's a pretty good guitar, though.
Why not forget Epi altogether and just go Agile.

www.rondomusic.net

Set neck, mahogany bodies for just 200 bucks, they're probably just as good, if not better than the Epiphone Standards for a way better price.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I've just got an EPI LP100 which is in my opinion a step up from the special and a step down from the standard and I love it. They are under $300 US and I've very happy with mine. The pickups are pretty good although no where near as good as the ultra. I thought it would take some time to get onto the gloss neck and LP neck since I play a strat alot but I adjusted to this guitar quickly and really love it.

If your interested in hearing it here are afews clips I did through my pocket pod.
www.soundclick.com/adave
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Why not forget Epi altogether and just go Agile.

www.rondomusic.net

Set neck, mahogany bodies for just 200 bucks, they're probably just as good, if not better than the Epiphone Standards for a way better price.

+1
i have an epi lp special 2, its a decent beginner guitar, im currently saving for an agile reaper custom
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I have an Epi LP Special II, and I can't say i love it all that much. Its obvioulsy a beginner guitar, not so great pickups, bolt neck, and its made of plywood...