smells like teen spirit by nirvana is my favorite song because of the huge influence it had upon rock music and it brought alternative back to the main stream, but I cannot understand what some of the lyrics mean. I mean... I understand the words and I know the overall theme of the song but I cannot decipher phrases like...

"Load up on guns, bring all your friends"
"Turn the lights off, its less dangerous"
"A milato, an albino, a mosquito, my libido"

and what is "the denial?"

please dont report for not being in the lyrics forum, they are dicks about it there.
they're gonna be dicks about it here too, you dumbass
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
he was just puttings words together.

end of, babycakes
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Kurt Cobain just put arbitrary crap with little meaning into his lyrics often. Don't get hung up on phrases if you know what the song means overall.
Quote by black-sabbath
i believe a mulato is some sort of person with mixed nationalities or something

Black/White hybrid, coming from the same root word as "mule."

Mulatto actually means "mule-like."
Quote by TinPants

please dont report for not being in the lyrics forum, they are dicks about it there.

we have one?

do you honestly think theres less dicks in the pit than in this imaginary forum i havent heard of. there's more dicks in the pit than a bukkake video
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Kurt said he wrote that song in like 5 minutes and just put random words together
Nirvana songs can't be read line for line (except On A Plain and Serve the Servants). You just have to look at the song as a whole. SLTS is partially about teenage apathy, partially drug-induced rambling.

You know, that actually sums up about every one of their songs post-Nevermind...
Quote by Rooster666
Kurt said he wrote that song in like 5 minutes and just put random words together

He may have SAID that, but in the Journals book put out there are several drafts for the lyrics to it.
Mrs. Butterworth

What the hell is the meaning of THAT song?
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by soulflyV
Sounds like a band I know....

*cough*redhotchilipeppers*cough*

californication (the song) has got a nice message to it

but thats it
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Quote by TinPants

Oh, the pit isn't dicks then?
Quote by halvix
Nirvana makes more sense if your on drugs.

+1

i only bought there cds to throw them at people... usualy of the hip hop/rap genre....
Quote by TinPants

1. We're gonna shoot some bitches.
2. We're gonna gang bang em after.
3. Oh wait...
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
i read an interview...kurt said he would write poems, and he would take random lines from each poem and put them together...he said the lyrics are meaningless
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by TinPants
smells like teen spirit by nirvana is my favorite song because of the huge influence it had upon rock music and it brought alternative back to the main stream, but I cannot understand what some of the lyrics mean. I mean... I understand the words and I know the overall theme of the song but I cannot decipher phrases like...

and what is "the denial?"

was it ever there?
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Fail! If it is mainstream, it is alternative anymore. Grunge was never mainstream until the 90s, so he brought nothing back.
It's about his god damn girlfriend. Nirvana fans need to get over that. That entire album was about his god damn ex-girlfriend.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by black-sabbath
i believe a mulato is some sort of person with mixed nationalities or something

Half African half white European
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!