I wanna learn a new metal song. Not nu metal, but more 80's thrash metal. To put me where I am skill wise, I've been done with One by Metallica and ready to perform it live with some people, solo and all, so yeah. Suggestions would be great. I'm getting tired of songs like One where it is slow for like half the song, so I jst want a song that keeps the tempo up the whole time. And one last thing, no Slayer please = )
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Toxic Waltz by Exodus
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
bodom beach terror-children of bodom

the solo's kickass
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by Shaned
bodom beach terror-children of bodom

the solo's kickass

And you call that 80's thrash metal, or similar?
Quote by last_biscuit

regardless, it's still a pretty kick ass song.
Check out the Evolution Purgatory album by Persuader. You'll be hard pressed to find tabs, so you'll have to figure it out yourself, but the guitar work is brilliant. (in my opinion)
Why do a lot of people think One is hard or so great? Its beginner at hardest, and its only an ok song. Check out some Testament, Sodom, Overkill, Anthrax, Kreator, and the other thrash not part of the 4 main thrash bands, except Anthrax is awesome. Also try Heresy by Pantera. Some songs from Kill em' All too.
Pleasure to kill-Kreator.
Slayer is good as well, but for the love of god if you choose a slayer song, don't make it raining blood.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hades by Kalmah. Has siiick rhythms and keeps up the pace the whole song. A darn good tab for it is in the UG database as well, come to think of it.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
I agree with the person who says One isn't as hard as some say it is. I got it fairly fast(Once I seriuosly tried to learn it, it took a week and a half to 2 weeks to get it tight). But I would say intermediate, not begininner. And I heard Master of Puppets. If I can play the solo to One and have it tight, could I play the Master of Puppets solo? And what would be good Megadeth songs to learn at that skill level?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by bobbyj84
I agree with the person who says One isn't as hard as some say it is. I got it fairly fast(Once I seriuosly tried to learn it, it took a week and a half to 2 weeks to get it tight). But I would say intermediate, not begininner. And I heard Master of Puppets. If I can play the solo to One and have it tight, could I play the Master of Puppets solo? And what would be good Megadeth songs to learn at that skill level?

master of puppets is at about the same skill level as one, but you should try ride the lightning

good megadeth? holy wars, peace sells, hangar 18, wake up dead, symphony of destruction

edit: my personal recommendation is cemetery gates or coyboys from hell
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Last edited by divinecrossfire at Mar 23, 2008,
Burnt Offerings and/or Over the wall by Testament. Schizos are never alone parts 1 & 2 by Annihilator. And yea...toxic waltz by Exodus. Good idea
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Quote by xx619xx
Master of puppets, creeping death and breadfan. all by metallica.

+1
there all awesome songs
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
what doesnt die by anthrax. its fairly easy but the solo is AMAZING
"volcanic slut" from sodom
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Last edited by COBHC_Slayer at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by last_biscuit

it tis thrashy
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by Shaned
it tis thrashy

Yeah, but how 80's thrash is screaming like someone has previously shoved the mic up your arse?

No offence, I just can't stand Alexi Laiho