Poll: Does he suck?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does he suck?
Yes
26 68%
No
12 32%
Voters: 38.
Ok, so i've been wondering about this high school band where i live. And I think the instruments are really good on their songs, but i find the singing HORRENDOUS!!! So does most everyone else who goes to that school, so the band is kinda a laughing stock of the school because of this guy. He's a real pain in the ass. He's one of those kids that always seems to have the "answer" to everything ever said. He thinks he's hot **** when no one really likes him except for less than a handful of people.

Anyways i thought i'd get an unbiased opinion on this to see if we are all out of our gourds on this one. Here's a link, i picked one with his worst vocals, but by all means look at the other ones to form an opinion.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPiKZsIPBo&feature=related

I personally think he adds a little too much "opera" style vocals in some of it (on their cover of "wish you were here"), or just kinda doesnt really SING it.

P.S. No i am not apart of this band, i graduated last year and was in a completely different band that played our original music (save a sabbath and alice cooper cover) compared to these guys who i've only seen play an original song once.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Your dad? Yeah, I've got the crabs to prove it. Ask him to treat his beard for lice please? Thanks
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
After actually reading the post and watching the link...

He got his mother on stage?! ROCK AND ROLL!

As for his singing ability: I've heard much worse

EDIT: His mum's got it GOING ONnnnnnnnn!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
They all look like a bunch of scrubs. As for the singer, he's decent. However, you can only act like a flamboyant asshole if you've got an awesome falsetto. His falsetto =/= awesome.

EDIT: They have absolutely no stage presence. The bass player with the Optimus Prime mask is obviously trying too hard, and the guitarists move around like "Yeah, I'm totally feeling the groove d00d!", nodding their heads too much and not doing too much else. The crowd sort of looks like "God.. what a bunch of losers."
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Mar 23, 2008,
I think he's good

EDIT: Nevermind... he drops the quality of his voice later on in the song
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I thought the instruments, albeit easy, were all quite good. The singing is pretty bad tho
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
it kind of seems like hes trying too hard, hes alright though, i suppose
Quote by Steve The Plank
If he really does suck, you better take advantage of it.

I would.

I think you're meant to guage yourself - and in your opinion - whether he sucks or not.

Then you can take advantage of whatever you so see fit.

Save, me.

Gore AND Core; unite!
i lol'd when he started singing again right after his mom
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
yeah i can find some parts barable, but there are other parts that just ruin the songs for me. Like this one, he starts out good, i'll give him that. I hate the kid, but i'll give him that, the beginning sounds really good. But then it gets further into it and then it goes to hell.
Quote by WaggyPlank
Plus all of the covers they do are really gay, save for Wish you Were Here. Born to be Wild? Come on.
Quote by themetalbucket
i lol'd when he started singing again right after his mom

yeah i was sitting there while it happened. imagine trying to keep that in. its not possible.
Quote by WaggyPlank
Quote by Yakult
Your dad? Yeah, I've got the crabs to prove it. Ask him to treat his beard for lice please? Thanks

This s trolling, yes?
Trolling should be reported, yes?
=\
Gore AND Core; unite!
man his singing is pretty bad. his high voice is equivilent to that of James Hetfield (but he doesnt have the low voice of him or the YEeAAAAUUHH) the guitarist is good as well as the bass and drums so yea its just him.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I actually dont think the bass player even plays. I think he's kinda the band "gimmick" or something
Quote by WaggyPlank
He has potential, but he needs to learn how to control his voice, and the high range just sounds like ****. Though apparently he was recovering from the flu and had no high range save falsetto.

I like the moms vocals better.
the singer looks like derek trucks, his singing reminds me of meatloaf, you can't say he's an awesome singer. but he has his moments of glory, that's something we can't deny
Quote by americnidiot
why is optimus prime playing bass?

hahaha dude, I was seriusly wondering the same thing.

I have that same mask too!
...sadly enough XD

as for his singing....he's not bad.
he could definately go for some lessons....
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I like the bassist's helmet.

He's an... acceptable singer. There are worse, but he's not someone I'd start a band with.
All u haters, one day him and his mom will be famous touring the world. and u'll still be seating on ug masterbating
Quote by Steve The Plank
Is that a challenge?

Perhaps it was a shoddily-hidden-reverse-psychology-based hint...
Gore AND Core; unite!