hey guys, ive been noticing on my bridge pickup, i get a little bit of a static noise when im not playing, even when i have my hand muting the strings. But, on my neck pickup it doesn't do it as long as i have all the strings muted. Im guessing this is because the bridge pickup has a higher output. Is this normal to have a small static noise?
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
yes, at least for me on all my guitars is, but is not bad...

Funnier is when your cellphone rings and it's start the amp static, or putting ur amp very loud, but with nothing connected, and can hear some voices very low going out of it (the radio, a call, or the devil) Weird thing's happen :S
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
It shouldn't be very loud compared to the amp volume, basically an audience shouldn't hear it, especially if its clean sounds. Possible sources of interference are cell phone, cordless phones, CRT monitors, and a bunch of other stuff. First make sure its your guitar, not effects or cables. I'm guessing you just have cheap/poorly done electronics.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
if you mean like you can hear the amp buzzing just a little because it's on and you're not doing anything, that's normal. i get that too. if it's really loud (the static/buzzing) then you should lower something (gain or volume). if it's just a little bit, then that's ok.
yeah its normal then, even expensive amps and guitars do it.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!