hey UGer's. So i have a Jackson Js1 except ive replaced almost all the hardware so now it has sperzal locking tuners and a GFS bridge pu, a killswitch, and a push/pull coil tap/volume knob. I had it rewired at guitar center but it still is grounded right and it makes alot of staticcy sounds except when i touch the strings or the bridge. But basically i was wondering if there is a special kind of soder that you are supposed to use when you ground a guitar or what else could be wrong with the guitar that is still makes that noise. Thanks in advance.
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
DigitechRP250Multi-effect
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
JimDunlupXtraHeavyPicks\m/
\m/=my live setup
no, regular soder, resin core. make sure your bridge is ground, and the new killswitch is ground, and unless you got the 50 dollar chip with the killswitch, it will buzz and pop and sound like **** anyways. no matter what you do. it also kills your tone
really? i didnt know that. but nahh i just have a little two way switch in there. so would you suggest i just take it out then and that might fix my problem?
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
its just a two way switch. but isnt it the same thing as a killswitch as far as funtion and the way they both work?
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup
okay, then that should work just fine, a kill switch is alot diffferent in functionality than an on off switch.

make sure everything is in the ground circuit.

pickups ground to a pot.
volume pot ground to tone pot
tone pot ground to output jack
bridge/tremolo ground to volume pot, or tone pot, whichever is closest. then ground your right lug in your volume pot to the top of the pot. make sure your capacitor is ground to the top of the pot, or somewhere. and i am assuming you need to ground the 2-way switch.
thanks. that helps a ton. ill try that out.
SchecterC-1+\m/
Moded Jackson Js1
Moded Squier Bullet
Ibanez V series acoustic
Crate GX-140C\m/
Crate 4x12\m/
Boss Super Overdrive\m/
Boss Noise Supressor\m/
\m/=my live setup