So, I've been in a band for a while, and every time we put a new song or something up on our site, i get kinda nervous that it's not as good as i think, or i wonder what other people think of it a lot. Does this happen to you guys? Just wondering.
Being the raging narcissist that I am...no.
Sometimes I worry that people will have the wrong opinion about my work, but they usually come around after some persuading.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Mar 23, 2008,
Happens to most people, I think - I'm always very apprehensive when playing my own music in front of others.
yea im the same way. but you really shouldn't worry too much. not everybody will like what they hear but there are some that do, its a chance you have to take.
Last edited by The Mizfit at Mar 23, 2008,
I normally do but then people like it so it turns out ok and i dont have to linch anyone
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
I think this happens to most people - but I try not to worry too much because usually I'm my own harshest critique. The other thing I try to remember is that no matter how good you are there will always be people who hate what your doing. You just gotta take the good and the bad and hope in the end there is more good. In the end I think if you believe in what your doing and try to play from the heart that's all you can do.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Being the raging narcissist that I am...no.
Sometimes I worry that people will have the wrong opinion about my work, but they usually come around after some persuading.

+1

i know i'm not perfect but if someone doesn't like something then f#ck them, i didn't write it for them. i wrote it for me and if they like it then great, if they don't then i prolly don't want them as a fan anyways.
Quote by adave
I think this happens to most people - but I try not to worry too much because usually I'm my own harshest critique. The other thing I try to remember is that no matter how good you are there will always be people who hate what your doing. You just gotta take the good and the bad and hope in the end there is more good. In the end I think if you believe in what your doing and try to play from the heart that's all you can do.

sorry to double post but this deserves like a+ 1 million

especially where you say:
In the end I think if you believe in what your doing and try to play from the heart that's all you can do
You will notice any and all flaws in your work. No one else notices these, as they do not know the unflawed version.

I always have it where I will show someone my songs and they'll act like it's so great, and have nothing bad to say, and then I think that they only want to make me feel good.
Quote by isaac_bandits
You will notice any and all flaws in your work. No one else notices these, as they do not know the unflawed version.

Well put.

Brother Thelonius once said, after playing an incredible passage and dropping more than few jaws, "yeah? well you should have heard what I was HEARING when I played that"

Anyway

One thing, maybe more so than chops, that you have to develop if you want a future as a musician is a thick skin and a good way to deal with disillusionment.