so heres whatsup. i had a MG halfstack. I just bought a vintage 1980 Acoustic 165 tube combo. Its great!! I still have that sitting on the MG412 cab that was part of my old stack. Is that still a bad cab or was it just the head of the MG stack that made the tone sound like weener. Also, i can probably tade in my old MG head for about 150/200 ish store credit. I have a proco rat2 distortion which sounds nice but im also looking for just some good fuzz. What do yall recomend? thanks for reading
I'd get a better cab ASAP. The Acoustic is basically a Mesa clone, so a nice Boogie 2x12 would be the way to go.

Try selling your amp privately. You should be able to get more than $200 for it that way.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I'd get a better cab ASAP. The Acoustic is basically a Mesa clone, so a nice Boogie 2x12 would be the way to go.

how much do those usually go for? what other 2x12s would be good that are maybe cheaper?

thanks for responding by the way
I'd think you could find a used Mesa 2x12 in the $450 range, thereabouts. You could get a decent Avatar for about half that.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
AVATARRRR...go Avatar, I would have gotten one if I got a head rather than a combo..AVATARR
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by I Be Andyy
AVATARRRR...go Avatar, I would have gotten one if I got a head rather than a combo..AVATARR

i do have a combo
You know what I mean PX And I don't think I like your attitude...I'll be watching you..*Cough* Not a stalker *Cough*
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA