Hey,
On my b-day (29th), i'm gonna go to a local (well, not too local) guitarcenter and try out a bunch of stuff there just for fun, plus, i am researching into a recording amp.
Anyways, I was wondering what the general UG population would like indepth reviews for? I know i'm gonna try out a Spider Valve, a Windsor Studio, various small amps, and some attenuators, etc. what do you think I should try out and review? I also like doing UG reviews for some reason, I like going higher up in the rankings.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Try out something that's not a low wattage combo aimed at classic rock or a fire-spewing 100 watt metal machine, or a bugera.

Just because that's all the majority of this forum talk about and it'd make a nice change.

Maybe try some pedals or something, we don't often get decent pedal reviews.
Kinda hard to do a review with the limited experience you're gonna get from trying them out at GC.
I'd love you forever if you could do a blind side- by side between an LP Studio and LP Standard. It's been bugging me for weeks as to whether or not the Standards are noticably different tonally. I don't think they are, but the consensus seems to be that the Studio has some lower- quality hardware. Thankfully, uldhippi busted the lower- quality wood myth for us.
Do side by side Spider III/MG for the lulz!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
review the AC30CC2! its been reviewed a ton of course but hey another review can't hurt
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Seriously, I want a s-b-s comparison of OCD to TS-808
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
It would be great if you can test out the Peavey Windsor Studio, not the 120W head, the 20W combo one (or 15W? not sure lol) Or actually compare the head and the combo lol
Allright, i'll bring my notebook in and do some reviews. And, if it's not crowded, i'll put up some clips!

I may only have time to review a few things, but i'll review the things which don't have many reviews on them. I'll review the LP studio and standard side by side too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 23, 2008,
The Jimi Hendrix Fuzz by Dunlop (the blue one)- word is Dunlop didn't **** this one up . And it would be super cool if you could demo it with an AC30.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I'll do my best. I'll probably only review newer products, or products which don't have many reviews on them.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
can u do some flanger reviews? sbs stereo electric mistress and deluxe mistress maybe?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
FYI, you're going to REALLY peeve off the people there. As you're just going to be goofing around and wasting your time, plus using something that someone else is probably looking to buy. Don't be surprised if they ask you to leave.
^I'm interested in buying stuff anyways.
if I find something I like for a portable amp (like a VJ), i'll probably buy it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ENGL and Mesa please. Also Bugera.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Like the Sonic Stomp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by CJRocker
FYI, you're going to REALLY peeve off the people there. As you're just going to be goofing around and wasting your time, plus using something that someone else is probably looking to buy. Don't be surprised if they ask you to leave.

Heh? That's all people ever do at guitar center. They grab a really expensive guitar and plug into the the nearest MG or Spider and chug away.
I'd probably even bring my own guitar or just use a guitar with nice pickups, never too expensive. And I usually don't play one too much nicer than my own.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Bugera 33xl/6262 side by side with a 6505/5150 side by side with a Mesa F30/F50 and I will love you forever.
^I'll give it a shot. I don't have much of an ear for heavy stuff though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Try one of those new Egnater Tourmaster amps. I tried one for 10 minutes and could tons of nice tones.

PM Carniferous and see if he'll give you the scoop.
Quote by CJRocker

I went to 4 stores last Wednesday and spent about an hour or more in each just trying stuff. I told the sales people I was just trying stuff out and wasn't really interested in buying something unless they wanted to give me an amazing deal on a drumset and they understood and left me alone. Hell, the guy at GC actually showed me all the higher end amps they had and showed me which ones he thought would be best for me to play based on what I told him. Though he did jokingly tell me he'd sell me the JEM I was playing on for $300 less, but I told him I wasn't spending $1900 on a guitar, though I'd like it for sure

Quote by A-5best
Bugera 33xl/6262 side by side with a 6505/5150 side by side with a Mesa F30/F50 and I will love you forever.

That might be hard, all the stores I went to didn't carry any Bugera stuff, it might be different for the TS, but it's also probably going to be hard to find an F series amp in the same store, they'd have to just happen to have a used one in.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
See if you can try out the new Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II. The one with the nanomag thingy. I might wanna get one, it's only like 700 bucks.

if you do, message me.
+1 on the Sonic Stomp suggestion!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I bet they welcome you for trying every amp and stuff and then not buying one.