Page 1 of 3
I hate movies. There isn't one movie I wont talk through, or get bored during. TV show too for that matter. My family sat down to watch Live Free or Die Hard, I of course was skeptical. I was jibbering about the stupid premise of the movie and how much I hate Justin Long during the opening credits and was shushed. Dejected I went to my compy. Who else is doesn't like movies? I think its less not liking movies, and more being a shnowzer(dog) or wandering mind. But I can sit through a movie, be entertained but not like it or care. Back to my original question, who doesn't like movies?
Don't be so cynical about movies. they're cinematic adventures! watch 28 days later. scary sh*t right there.
It depends. I only like movies that keep me on the edge of my seat (last one to do that was 1408) or really really funny movies (like Airplane or Austin Powers).
Quote by strat335
Don't be so cynical about movies. they're cinematic adventures! watch 28 days later. scary sh*t right there.

I've seen it four times. I enjoyed it. But I ultimately dont care. I don't choose to watch 'em. And 28 weeks later sucked.
I can't sit through most movies but I love some. Video games are much better
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
I love movies. You probably just have an intensely short attention span and/or take things to seriously.
i know, 28 weeks later was awful, but I still like it for some reason

I don't really care for movies. I haven't watched one in forever, and it's pretty hard for me to sit through an entire movie...but i do like Lord of the Rings, for some reason.
Quote by Gregray88
I love movies. You probably just have an intensely short attention span and/or take things to seriously.

Neither. Hows that for a loop.
I can only sit through movies if I at the cinema with my friends / girlfriend. Watching a film at home just bores me.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I don't hate movies, but it usually takes quite a bit to get me excited about seeing one. I'm generally very picky. I think on average I only see 2-3 movies a year in the theaters.
you must hate yourself alot

or watch ****ty movies
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
There are few movies that have been good enough to catch my complete attention, especially lately... Movies are best watched on TV when there's nothing else to do.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Yakult
I can only sit through movies if I at the cinema with my friends / girlfriend. Watching a film at home just bores me.

HAHA Cinema. My Pop Pop says pictures. Where were you Pop? "I was at tha pictchas". AWESOME
Watch movies on the Sci-Fi channel if you want real humor
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by lateraluspiral
you must hate yourself alot

or watch ****ty movies

Hate myself? Thats an odd comment.
Quote by Mental-lica
Watch movies on the Sci-Fi channel if you want real humor

Now showing at 8:00 MANSQUITO. THE MOSQUITO WHO WAS CROSSED WITH A MAN. Which is basically The Fly, but a mosquito, and a murderer.
It's true there are tons of woeful films. The last 5 or so times i've been to watch a film i've either nearly fell asleep (I Am Legend) or laughed at how bad the film was. I can't help but be frustrated by some films and their plots, which is why i find it so much easier to just watch funny comedies where you can just laugh without having to be too cynical. But for every 10 bad films there is a good film. C'mon, who doesn't like Shawshank Redemption?
Quote by wtf is wtf
It's true there are tons of woeful films. The last 5 or so times i've been to watch a film i've either nearly fell asleep (I Am Legend) or laughed at how bad the film was. I can't help but be frustrated by some films and their plots, which is why i find it so much easier to just watch funny comedies where you can just laugh without having to be too cynical. But for every 10 bad films there is a good film. C'mon, who doesn't like Shawshank Redemption?

Thats one of those movies your forced to like. "Tim Robbin, Morgan Freeman, OTHERS and academy awards." No thank you. I can enjoy movies but I don't like them. Yet to find a movie I would WANT to watch twice.
Quote by Fishyesque
Do you like books?

I know what your going to say. But yes yes I do. Most movies are based on books. If I wanted to read the book I would. Im trying to think of book/movie combinations right now...
Quote by bathroomboy
movies own ur face. stfu.

"My mother was a movie sir." Or like my friend who buys tons of movies. What did you buy Tyla? "Grandmas Boy again, and my brother bought 3 copies of Alien Vs. Predator" Cool
IMO, TS, if you weren't so critical of the movie, and would stop yacking about how much you aren't going to like it, and just watch the movie for what it is, then you might enjoy it more.

And that's not just for Die Hard, because I haven't seen any of those movies, but any movie in general.

Going into any activity with a negative feeling about it will always be a shittier experience than going in level headed.

*shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by ThePeacefrog
I know what your going to say. But yes yes I do. Most movies are based on books. If I wanted to read the book I would. Im trying to think of book/movie combinations right now...

You know what I'm going to say? What's that? Oh, that movies are based on books? I hadn't thought of that argument, to be honest. I was simply curious.

As for me, I look at people who don't like things like movies and what not, over critical or not. I feel sorry for them because they don't get any enjoyment out of it, and its depressing.

So usually I'm able to find things I enjoy, and this way I enjoy most things.
i usually recommend movies over books, but some movies can be very boring
It's funny, because I thought about bringing up Live Free or Die Hard for some reason. If I go bald for some reason, I want to be Bruce Willis Bald. When he shot through his shoulder, that blew my mind. I liked it. I'm glad I liked it, because I like liking things.
Quote by Fishyesque
You know what I'm going to say? What's that? Oh, that movies are based on books? I hadn't thought of that argument, to be honest. I was simply curious.

As for me, I look at people who don't like things like movies and what not, over critical or not. I feel sorry for them because they don't get any enjoyment out of it, and its depressing.

So usually I'm able to find things I enjoy, and this way I enjoy most things.

See I can enjoy movies. Entertain me too. But I dont want to see them. Justin Long. Douche.
i cant sit through most movies unless they really really hold my interest.
same with tv =/
I breathe air.
I watch a buttload of movies, but I probably only like 30% (at most) of them.
EDIT: That's probably 200 different movies a year that I watch.
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Mar 23, 2008,
See, now you confuse me. I don't see how you can hate and enjoy something at the same time.

I know what you mean about not having a desire to go watch one. For me, that's usually the case because I can get so much done in that amount of time. That's just me. For me, I can like AND enjoy a movie.
Quote by Fishyesque
See, now you confuse me. I don't see how you can hate and enjoy something at the same time.

I know what you mean about not having a desire to go watch one. For me, that's usually the case because I can get so much done in that amount of time. That's just me. For me, I can like AND enjoy a movie.

Im watching tv, a movie comes on. Ill watch it. Maybe enjoy it. I have no desire to see it again. Or think about it. So I didnt really like it then.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
I hate movies. There isn't one movie I wont talk through, or get bored during. TV show too for that matter. My family sat down to watch Live Free or Die Hard, I of course was skeptical. I was jibbering about the stupid premise of the movie and how much I hate Justin Long during the opening credits and was shushed. Dejected I went to my compy. Who else is doesn't like movies? I think its less not liking movies, and more being a shnowzer(dog) or wandering mind. But I can sit through a movie, be entertained but not like it or care. Back to my original question, who doesn't like movies?

I don't understand how someone can dislike all movies.

Eww

Well unless you're a super angsty teenager who has no interest in anything besides being uninterested.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
I was jibbering about the stupid premise of the movie and how much I hate Justin Long during the opening credits and was shushed. Dejected I went to my compy.

How could you hate Justin Long? The guy was the best part of Live Free Or Die Hard, not to mention Accepted and Waiting were awesomely entertaining films, and Jeepers Creepers was enteraining because it was so bad. I think you just go into movies with the wrong mindset, because most movies that try to be deep suck. I watched Eastern Promises a few days ago and I found it bland and completely unexciting. Then I watched some SciFi crap and I really enjoyed myself. Just find some friends you can laugh with, or riff over the movie Mystery Science Theater style and have fun. Most people I know that don't enjoy movies jsut take them too seriously, they're entertainment, roll with it.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Quote by Rancid_Punk
How could you hate Justin Long? The guy was the best part of Live Free Or Die Hard, not to mention Accepted and Waiting were awesomely entertaining films, and Jeepsers Creepers was enteraining because it was so bad. I think you just go into movies with the wrong mindset, because most movies that try to be deep suck. I watched Eastern Promises a few days ago and I found it bland and completely unexciting. Then I watched some SciFi crap and I really enjoyed myself. Just find some friends you can laugh with, or riff over the movie Mystery Science Theater style and have fun. Most people I know that don't enjoy movies jsut take them too seriously, they're entertainment, roll with it.

Two things. You messed up the quote making it unreadable. And two its really not a big deal. I dont like when I get serious answers... Justin Long is a douche. He has that goddamn look on his face just like Ryan Renolds. Oh your a smartass fantastic. John Hodgeman is so much cooler...
Page 1 of 3