I think that it started as a place to share media, but it's become its own sort of community in a way, both online and offline. anyone have any thoughts about it, and how it became to be what it is today? it'd be an interesting thing to do a paper on if i were a psych major..
Yeah. How did it become the sewers of the internet instead of a nice swimming pool ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

4chan is now full of cancer, and is overflowing to this site. Cancer is killing the internet. I wish it would die already. I'm sick of seeing the same stuff over and over again.
Their brains would explode halfway through writing it.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
it really is interesting. hope we don't get another raid, though.
Quote by urik
Yeah. How did it become the sewers of the internet instead of a nice swimming pool ?

A website is only as good as it's users.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
yeah for real. i honestly think that sites like 4chan will start the internet cencorship movement..I mean it already has happened iirc in some countries, but not very full scale.
People like to talk, especially about dumb stuff. It is after all human nature to create communities and aggregate in groups.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It's a community. It's as simple as that. The internet has a cult following in the same way that bands like Led Zeppelin, musicals like RENT, and sports teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs have huge followings. People bond through their experiences relating to that thing that they follow.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
4chan is basically hell
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by Liberation
It's a community. It's as simple as that. The internet has a cult following in the same way that bands like Led Zeppelin, musicals like RENT, and sports teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs have huge followings. People bond through their experiences relating to that thing that they follow.

this is true, but the community that sites like 4chan have broad about are totally different. you don't see zeppelin fans attacking worlwide cults or stalking random people. well, maybe not rush fans anyway.
If I'd live in America and would be 18 years old, i would vote for Ronald McDonald! He's the real deal!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by black007hawk2
A website is only as good as it's users.

Yeah. But what did lead the scum of the internet into that place?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by archangels666
Hmm...a paper about the internet in and of itself becoming a culture phenomenon...

That would be quite an iteresting read actually...

+1, I would read it, so long as it was written well.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by urik
Yeah. But what did lead the scum of the internet into that place?

I have no clue. It probably started with a couple of people being twats, and slowly corrupted the site from there. That's my theory, anyways.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!