does anyone know how to lower the action on an acoustic? mines almost 1/2 cm off the fretboard and its almost impossible to play bar chords.

thanks in advance.
Don't try to do it yourself. You will mess it up beyond repair. Just take it to a music/guitar store and they will do it for you for a small fee.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
yeah they usually have to file down the bone
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
Why would anyone even want to play a grandpa guitar?
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by Hcmanu
So there you have it kids, You're not eating easter eggs, you're eating the parastic-like insides of rabbits. Happy Easter, I've got a corpse to rape!
Quote by Najarok

Because acoustic guitars have really awesome tone. An E minor chord on a good-sounding bassy acoustic guitar will make me jizz.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Najarok

is this kid for real?
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Quote by darkstar2466
Because acoustic guitars have really awesome tone. An E minor chord on a good-sounding bassy acoustic guitar will make me jizz.

If that makes you jizz, I feel very sorry for your girlfriend.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by Hcmanu
So there you have it kids, You're not eating easter eggs, you're eating the parastic-like insides of rabbits. Happy Easter, I've got a corpse to rape!
Quote by somethingcool76
is this kid for real?

Nah, it's a Metalocalypse quote.
i agree w/ the Em thing...but it wont make me jizz...it just sounds so awsome...but y is this in the pit?
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
I filed down my acoustic with the blade of a scissor.

But I dont care much for my acoustic, I haven't changed the strings since I got my electric, it's missing the high e string and I haven't bothered to buy a new one, and I bashed part of it in after a fight with my parents. :P
Quote by darkstar2466
If Em makes you jizz, play this:
e|---5---
B|---3---
G|---0---
D|---4---
A|---2---
E|---0---
Best. Chord. Ever.
Quote by Flying Couch
e|---5---
B|---3---
G|---0---
D|---4---
A|---2---
E|---0---
Best. Chord. Ever.

Quote by Najarok
If that makes you jizz, I feel very sorry for your girlfriend.

Are you some sort of self-proclaimed metalhead kid who only listens to metal and nothing else, and thinks that all acoustic instruments suck? Am I right? Did I just describe your pathetic views?

Quote by Flying Couch
e|---5---
B|---3---
G|---0---
D|---4---
A|---2---
E|---0---
Best. Chord. Ever.

I am getting an acoustic guitar this week. I don't want a dreadnought because I feel that it is too big for me, but I love the bass. I don't think I've ever played that chord. I'm at my parents' place and I didn't bring my guitar with me.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Mar 24, 2008,
ok heres the deal to change the action on an acoustic guitar you must lower the action at the saddle and/or the nut. The most ideal way to do this is to sand the saddle down from the bottom. Take the guitar put a capo on the tenth fret loosen the strings pull the slack from the saddle and remove it. Take a peice of 160 grit sandpaper and tape it to a table top so it is perfectly flat and level. Then holding the saddle flat sand it back and forth (on the bottom). then put it back in the guitar tune up and check action. Be very careful as to not got to far then you will have buzzes not cool.small steps kinda time consuming but the satsifction you get from doing it youself plus the money saved can be used for your favorite hobby(bong hits 4 me).

however if you do go to far you can buy a new saddle (tusq) for about 10 dollars or less. Do not be afraid to mess up and relieze that you will make mistakes. Research at frets.com nifty site for guitar repair and it will walk you through step buy step with pictures.
Last edited by anita prs bad at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by darkstar2466
Are you some sort of self-proclaimed metalhead kid who only listens to metal and nothing else, and thinks that all acoustic instruments suck? Am I right? Did I just describe your pathetic views?
(

You don't really need to proclaim yourself a metalhead, you just listen to metal. I do listen to other stuff, though not a lot, but I am expanding my tastes. I don't think all acoustic instruments suck, I am just very, very, very bored, and throwing that quote in the mix always pisses people off.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by Hcmanu
Quote by Najarok
You don't really need to proclaim yourself a metalhead, you just listen to metal. I do listen to other stuff, though not a lot, but I am expanding my tastes. I don't think all acoustic instruments suck, I am just very, very, very bored, and throwing that quote in the mix always pisses people off.

haha its cool, i just didnt get it was a quote

i guess im too narrowminded
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town