i saw this guitar and think it looks real nice till i saw it had an edge3, and for the price it costs i dont want to pay that amount for something with a crap trem.
but is it really that bad?
becasue i have heard on these forums mixed reviews that they are crap but then some people say that they can be good trems if set up properly, is this true?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
set up properly means going to a shop, spending ~$75+ and hoping that the tech did a good job.

i know from experience >
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
yeah i spose cause i think its a really nice guitar but i dont wanna spend that kinda money and get a crap trem.
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

Hey man, the edge III will last you long enough and you can always check out the tremol-no for it.

You can buy an OFR that will be a direct swap into the Edge III cavity, but it would be better to go with the 1570 for 800 since it has the Edge Pro and comes with a case.
yeah thats what i was thinking, something like that or i really like the s470 too

Just yesterday I finished putting the original Floyd Rose in my rg42dx. Although seting it up was not the easiest thing, I am loving the OFR.

Just like I had said before, with the OFR it is the best value of the Ibanez guitars. Its got the same specs as the top of the line RG prestige now, but I got better pickups than even that. Spend much less.

I say get the RGT42dx. Its one of the best playing guitars ever, and a great value. If you dont wanna change the edge III. Keep in mind I think the edge III is a good system. Mines came very well setup and stayed in tune perfectly. I just put the OFR since I heard its the best trem out there, and I also wanted to get all gold hardware.

Think about it... neckthrough, (original floyd rose) edge III which is better than most licensed tremolos when setup right. 2 different pickups with 5 way switch. ALl mahogany.

At least play one, I like it more than all my other guitars except for my Kramer Turbulence, which is just marvellous. I like it better than the jemvai sig guitar.
rg42dx is a sweet guitar i was thinking of getting before i got my hellraiser
i had that same decision between the s series and rg but i didn't get the s cuz i wanted the extra 2 frets. they look really nice though.