Page 1 of 4
I'm almost 18, and i was thinking about joining the Marines.

I have a few questions in mind.

Can i have tattoos on my arms?

Will i go to war after I past boot camp?

Can i leave after 2-4 years to become a police officer?

Is boot camp really hard?

if anyone knows the answers to these questions, please let me know!!

thank you!

PS. stay safe out in Iraq Jason!! I love you!
don't do it!

seriously, don't...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
You wrote past instead of passed so I don't know if the Marines would want you because of grades. Then again the Army/Navy/Marines etc., will take anyone these days.
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Question #2= almost definitely yes.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Air Force is where it's at.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by saosin22533
You wrote past instead of passed so I don't know if the Marines would want you because of grades. Then again the Army/Navy/Marines etc., will take anyone these days.

sorry, type-o there.

P-A-S-S.

and no, not ANYONE.
JOIN the army today!! sign your life away!!! haha dont do it
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Quote by Syd Barret..
why not?

Idk, I just think that you should try other things before joining the marines because once you join, it'll be a long time before you can do something else you want to do in life because it takes up so much time...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by purplebeat
so little time do uu play drums?

of course
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Air Force is where it's at.

Sorry but the Marines are Top Notch in the military.
I'm a Sgt in the Marines, so here goes....
tattoos, yes, so long as they aren't sleeves.
war? yup, you'll go, I almost guarantee it.
After you do at least 4 years, you can do whatever you want. At least 4 years though.
Boot camp sucks and it's a hard, hard time, but in the end it's worth it.

Any other questions, ask away.

EDIT: Actually littletime, my first 4 years flew the hell by. It seriously seemed like no time at all before my first contract was over.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Last edited by silencesoloud at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by Syd Barret..

thank you!

No, it's a cakewalk.
Dickless.
Quote by saosin22533

don't you just mean army because if you have 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes can hear, see, speak, and sign your name you can join

and if you fail into getting into any branch the army can still take you
Quote by Syd Barret..

thank you!

yeah you can have tats, but no piercings

war? all depends on where they send you. you might go to a base in germany, or they might ship you to iraq. and being that its the marines, you have a better chance of it being iraq

you leave when your contract ends. so it all depends on how long you sign up for. you might have to sign up for atleast three or four years or something like that idk.

this kid i went to school with said he never did anything harder in marines boot camp than anything he had to do at wrestling practice. allthough our wrestling team was like number five in the state at one point, and the coach was crazy intense, so im sure that wrestling practice was pretty difficult to say the least
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i know you can have tatoos, and can leave eventually.
but they dont have to send you to war, you can be stationed somewhere else(ie north korea) or any place that they are set up. the marines arent like some of the other armed forces....
i know that boot camp is hard too.
i cant think of a good sig....
I'm joining the australian army so the regulations are'nty that differnt on most things. so i'll try and answer

Can i have tattoos on my arms?[/B]

Aslong as it can be coverd when you dress smart and isn't offencive(sp?)

Will i go to war after I past boot camp?[/B]

Not STRAIGHT away, but with the way the world is and americas commitment to it's conflicts you'll see action at some point.

You stay aslong as you sign up for, you can't just change your mind.

Yes, you'll be in the marines boot camp for any service is a bitch.

Thats all i can think off, i'm joing a differnt service in a differnt country, you'd be better to look into it more online.
Quote by Syd Barret..

yes

you go to tech school for personalized ''training,'' then war

my brother in law tried to become a p.o. - basically your local p.d. needs to be hiring and it depends how long you signed up for

if you're in shape kind of, if you're not, yes

thank you!

hope that helps
Quote by silencesoloud
I'm a Sgt in the Marines, so here goes....
tattoos, yes, so long as they aren't sleeves.
war? yup, you'll go, I almost guarantee it.
After you do at least 4 years, you can do whatever you want. At least 4 years though.
Boot camp sucks and it's a hard, hard time, but in the end it's worth it.

Any other questions, ask away.

You really a Sgt?

So i cant have sleeves, but i can have a couple on my arms. Sounds good.

Cause after 4 years, I want to become a Police Officer. Think It will work out?

I'll do my best in boot camp.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

this kid i went to school with said he never did anything harder in marines boot camp than anything he had to do at wrestling practice. allthough our wrestling team was like number five in the state at one point, and the coach was crazy intense, so im sure that wrestling practice was pretty difficult to say the least

Physically, boot camp isin't all that hard. The hardest part is the shock of being there, as well as the mental games and all that you go through.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by purplebeat
WOOT go drums!!!

woot indeed
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
dunno if the chance of you going to war is high or not unless you are an idiot and was in the dumbass division in bootcamp (dunno if they unoficially have that in the marines but they do in the army)
Quote by Syd Barret..
sorry, type-o there.

P-A-S-S.

and no, not ANYONE.

Maybe the Army doesn't take retards, then again there is the Make A Wish Foundation.
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Quote by Syd Barret..
You really a Sgt?

So i cant have sleeves, but i can have a couple on my arms. Sounds good.

Cause after 4 years, I want to become a Police Officer. Think It will work out?

I'll do my best in boot camp.

Yeah, I'm really a Sergeant, I've been in little over 5 years. A few tats here and there are fine, they'll be waivered when you join.
As far as being a cop, that's all on where you want to be a cop, I guess. Military experience helps, I guess. Don't know, never been a cop.
Boot camp is all about staying mentally positive and not letting the drill instructors break you.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

hahaha yeah, that's a really misleading statement. wrestling practices are ****ing hard. I wrestled in school and also did freestyle, and greco for like 6 years.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
The marines are the most hardcore, they go through the most painful training, they are the first to go to war, last to leave, they see the most unusual stuff, they generally suffer from the most mental problems, and I haven't met a single one that has regretted joining.
And yes you can have tattoos, so long as they aren't sleeves. You will go to war, almost no doubt. You can leave after 4 years.
And as an added bonus, marines generally get the most ladies.

I considered joining after highschool as a scout sniper but I can't because of back problems.
Last edited by The Silent Fool at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by silencesoloud
Yeah, I'm really a Sergeant, I've been in little over 5 years. A few tats here and there are fine, they'll be waivered when you join.
As far as being a cop, that's all on where you want to be a cop, I guess. Military experience helps, I guess. Don't know, never been a cop.
Boot camp is all about staying mentally positive and not letting the drill instructors break you.

Because if i do become a Marine, i wanted to tattoo the Marines Logo on my arm.

and i just want to have some experience with war. I want to do something for myself and my country.
Quote by chinkboy7
dunno if the chance of you going to war is high or not unless you are an idiot and was in the dumbass division in bootcamp (dunno if they unoficially have that in the marines but they do in the army)

Not really, your job is pretty much decided when you go into boot. You get that job if you finish boot camp and your schools. And pretty much every Marine will deploy, it's just a matter of when, really.

Yeah, tats are not a big deal, so long as you dont have sleeves. I have two, and it hasn't hurt me yet. Only thing is, if you end up staying in, you won't be able to be a drill instructor or recruiter if you have tats that are visible in a t-shirt.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Last edited by silencesoloud at Mar 24, 2008,
Why people always talk about the marines? There are other units out there.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

depends on the contract you sign. My first contract was 5 years long, most jobs are 4 years. Once your contract is done, you can do whatever the hell you want.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Are you allowed to join if you have bad eye-sight? (Need glasses, contacts no matter what to see?)
I don't need a sig....
Quote by silencesoloud
Not really, your job is pretty much decided when you go into boot. You get that job if you finish boot camp and your schools. And pretty much every Marine will deploy, it's just a matter of when, really.

Yeah, tats are not a big deal, so long as you dont have sleeves. I have two, and it hasn't hurt me yet. Only thing is, if you end up staying in, you won't be able to be a drill instructor or recruiter if you have tats that are visible in a t-shirt.

i kind of figured that i wasn't sure if they were like the Air Force and (this coming from an AF recruiter) you pick 4 jobs (not being guaranteed that you get any one of them) and right before you leave for bootcamp you pick 2 ot of the 4 you picked out earlier (still not guaranteed those jobs) and you won't know what job you get till you graduate boot camp and not guaranteed any of the 4 jobs you picked when you talked to the recruiter
Quote by Zar Mulix
Are you allowed to join if you have bad eye-sight? (Need glasses, contacts no matter what to see?)

Yeah, thats no problem. And once youre 21, the Marines will pay for you to get Lasik surgery at zero cost to you. I did that, it's f*cking awesome.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by silencesoloud
depends on the contract you sign. My first contract was 5 years long, most jobs are 4 years. Once your contract is done, you can do whatever the hell you want.

Thanks a lot!!

I kinda want to go to war, just to see how it is.
Police men are getting static for having sleeve tattoos now a days, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Syd Barret..
Thanks a lot!!

I kinda want to go to war, just to see how it is.

I've been to Iraq twice now, and I'm going again in January. Everyone's experience in war is different. Me, I coordinate the repair of the Marine's aircraft, so I don't see too much action. But an infantryman lives and breathes strife. It all depends on what you want. I joined to learn a trade, and I did. If you want to fight, that's your perogative. I have little experience when it comes to combat.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Page 1 of 4