Recently I noticed the thread about people being tired of hearing about Dimebag. Personally I'm just as tired of hearing about Van Halen. Every six months hes on the cover of Guitar World just so they can tell us he is out of rehab...again. I realize that the man has laid down some amazing tracks and changed how we looked at the guitar and dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to trash EVH or the band but they haven't been relevant or done an album anyone has cared about in 15 years. I guess my point is this, if they release a new album featuring Eddie's GUITAR work I'd be the first to buy it but if the only thing the band is doing is touring using his kid as even more media attention, why should I care. I'd rather hear about bands that are actually putting out new music.

Hopefully I don't piss anyone off too much. Feel free to yell
Who the **** is Van Halen?
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Well... Eddie isn't dead, and he is a damn good guitarist. So I don't mind the occasional article about him.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by amaqqut
you, dear sir, must live in a cardboard box.

a cardboard box of sarcasm.

and to threadstarter, no.
Quote by jake911
Is jimi jendrix still worth talking about? idk

jimi jendrix is a pretty cool guy
Quote by FLUX_
jimi jendrix was a pretty cool guy

Fixed.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
Fixed.

Too bad it's Hendrix Mr. Fixed.
Quote by Arthur Curry

You = awesome.

And I'm almost positive that every single person in existence is tired of hearing about one legend or another. Dimebag, Van Halen, , Angus Young, how much St. Anger sucked, etc.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I guess. they kicked ass live :3
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by fob12
Too bad it's Hendrix Mr. Fixed.

Maybe he's Mexican...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i doesnt afraid of things either.
but i dont care about van halen. never really interested in anything done by EVH
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Arthur Curry

and to threadstarter, no.

it's quite comfy
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Quote by darkstar2466
Maybe he's Mexican...

I think VH is still worth talking about. I saw them live last December and they were awesome
There's a difference between this...

"ZOMG GUYS WUT DO U TINK? DO U TINK DAT DIMEBAG (RIP D00DZ!!! UP TEH METALZZZZ!) WUZ TEH GR8EST EVAR OR WUT! DIMEBAG (RIP!!!) WUZ SO AMAZZZING D00DZ!!!"

...and anything you may see written about Van Halen.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Saw them live, they were nothing special at all, and EVH is 100% just average. Oh yea, he can tap simple licks, yay, who cares, other guitarists took that and expanded. If you are going to say EVH is good because he invented tapping, you HAVE to say that Leo Fender Les Paul, and Dick Dale are easily some of the best guitarists ever for popularlizing the electric guitar. I don't know about you but that seems a lot more than tapping, and are they are usually not credited for it. Seriously how often to you see people sizing up Dick Dale?
Here's my plan of withdrawal for Van Halen:

We should dig a large hole and push them in it, and, just for good measure, everyone who owns the majority of their CDs.

I'm going to lose my father, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to rid the world of the dreaded Van Halen.

My daddy would be so proud.
Quote by ThisChickRocks
Here's my plan of withdrawal for Van Halen:

We should dig a large hole and push them in it, and, just for good measure, everyone who owns the majority of their CDs.

I'm going to lose my father, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to rid the world of the dreaded Van Halen.

My daddy would be so proud.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Van Halen changed the way people looked at guitar, but there are plenty of people who are way better than him. Randy Rhoads for one. I've always maintained that Randy was more technically talented than Van Halen, as well as having a better melodic sense. EVH taps fast, but his solos often don't seem to belong. As far as Dimebag goes, he's very good, but his death caused people to overhype him to the nth degree.

EVH at one point was groundbreaking, but there are lots of people who do what he does, and better.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!