Yeah I know there's a lot of threads on people thinking about joining the service, but one more can't hurt, and if you don't like it then bite me, ass-bag. Anyway, is there anyone here in either of these two military branches? If so, what is it like? I don't plan to join after HS, so my mom told me that if I get a college degree and then join then I will start out at a higher rank. Is this true? Thanks in advance!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
If you get a degree, you can join the military as a comissioned officer. That's Ensign in the Navy, and I think Lieutenant in the AF. Being a 'sir' isin't for everyone, though. I like where I am now, mid to senior enlisted.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
i know that if you take ROTC u start at a higher rank...i was thinking about joining but i got tired of shaving everyday...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
oh n higher rank means higher pay
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
What exactly do Lieutenants do?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
It's not taking ROTC that gives you a higher rank. As long as you have a degree you're eligible for officer programs. ROTC is just one of those programs. Regardless of which one you do, you'll still start off as an O-1.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by Soul Power

Think Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump...

You basically just get both your legs amputated.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Soul Power

Depends on the job. My LT is a desk bitch. Legend has it, some actually work. I've never seen it though. All they do for me is get my way and annoy me.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
im a lowly enlisted thats only been in for 9 months now... its not too bad, you just get used to it... and it depends on the job that you have to what you'll be doing... and to go to officier school you need a bacholars degree in something...
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
Quote by imnopunkrocker9
im a lowly enlisted thats only been in for 9 months now... its not too bad, you just get used to it... and it depends on the job that you have to what you'll be doing... and to go to officier school you need a bacholars degree in something...

I'll tell you know man, the longer you're in, the better it is. I remember how sh*tty it was when I first came in, cleaning and sweeping, and making coffee. Now I'm on the other side, and it's pretty badass. I love it, anyway.
ESP Eclipse II
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by albinokrikit
i know that if you take ROTC u start at a higher rank...i was thinking about joining but i got tired of shaving everyday...

i dont personally have any interest whatsoever in the military, but a lot of my friends have enlisted, and come out with mixed reviews (marines or army). some love the rank and file, some think it was the biggest mistake of their lives. you either love the military, or you hate it... there isnt much grey area.
Quote by Soul Power
Yeah I know there's a lot of threads on people thinking about joining the service, but one more can't hurt, and if you don't like it then bite me, ass-bag. Anyway, is there anyone here in either of these two military branches? If so, what is it like? I don't plan to join after HS, so my mom told me that if I get a college degree and then join then I will start out at a higher rank. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

Ya, the force will pay for your college, and you'll make alot more money.