Alright guys. I've got a couple tracks I'd like some feedback on. I wrote all the lyrics, all the melodies, all the piano, all the guitar, and I pretty much directed the drummer as well. This is a huge project that I'm trying to develop. I'm a 20 year old musician out of Maryland.

http://www.myspace.com/yourmajestyband

Have a listen to 'Hold On Now' and 'Come to Me'.

Come to Me's got a solo in it, since I know that's what a lot of folk are after. This music isn't designed to highlite any one performer, but act as a testament to the presence of emotion in music. It rocks, though, if I may say so myself. But yeah, intelligent feedback would be appreciated and will be reciprocated.

Kevin
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.
How could i not return the crit. You even complemeted my Britishness!!

There is definite Muse influence there, but i know that that's not that helpful since you probably know that already :P

As for song writing quality its absolutly incredible. I listened to "Come To Me" and the orcestation is top notch. The vocal harmonies working with the crecedos and chord changes is really cool. You're clearly a very competant musician in many fields. One thing that song has that seems to evade alot of people is the Dynamic quality. The quiet loud transitions are really well placed and punchy. Finally the vocals...no complaint's, immediatly listenable etc....really enjoyable
hey keep going, there's a lot of potential there. you guys are obviously good musicians.

love wasn't what this is about is definitely my favourite - in particular the piano part and the vocal harmonies in the chorus. the first song is great too. in my opinion these are stronger songs than hold on now and come to me. one other thing, be careful not to use the muse-esque piano arpeggios too much otherwise you might get labeled as a rip off...which you're not. good stuff though.
Quote by agreth_3rd
hey keep going, there's a lot of potential there. you guys are obviously good musicians.

love wasn't what this is about is definitely my favourite - in particular the piano part and the vocal harmonies in the chorus. the first song is great too. in my opinion these are stronger songs than hold on now and come to me. one other thing, be careful not to use the muse-esque piano arpeggios too much otherwise you might get labeled as a rip off...which you're not. good stuff though.

Thanks tons for the compliments. Hold On Now, however, is the first song...so I'm a bit confused!
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.
really impressive...

the first song that played was tight... no criticism from me, just praise good stuff...

the last song is the only other one I listened to, the keys are cool in it, just I dunno sort of like "WTF" cause it really sticks out, unlike everything else that is blended very well.

good music.

crit this plz

oh, and one suggestion I can make is to slow down at some point in your songs... just cut your tempo right in half... cause it would sound sick.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Last edited by `NeXxuS` at Mar 26, 2008,
Alright guys. I've got a couple tracks I'd like some feedback on. I wrote all the lyrics, all the melodies, all the piano, all the guitar, and I pretty much directed the drummer as well. This is a huge project that I'm trying to develop. I'm a 20 year old musician out of Maryland.

http://www.myspace.com/yourmajestyband

Have a listen to 'Hold On Now' and 'Come to Me'.

Come to Me's got a solo in it, since I know that's what a lot of folk are after. This music isn't designed to highlite any one performer, but act as a testament to the presence of emotion in music. It rocks, though, if I may say so myself. But yeah, intelligent feedback would be appreciated and will be reciprocated.

Kevin
How could i not return the crit. You even complemeted my Britishness!!

There is definite Muse influence there, but i know that that's not that helpful since you probably know that already :P

As for song writing quality its absolutly incredible. I listened to "Come To Me" and the orcestation is top notch. The vocal harmonies working with the crecedos and chord changes is really cool. You're clearly a very competant musician in many fields. One thing that song has that seems to evade alot of people is the Dynamic quality. The quiet loud transitions are really well placed and punchy. Finally the vocals...no complaint's, immediatly listenable etc....really enjoyable

Thanks tons for the compliments. Hold On Now, however, is the first song...so I'm a bit confused