I'm posting this for a friend.

"I'm thinkin about buyin this kit and was wondering if anyone had tried it and what your thoughts are on it. The shells are made out of mahogany. Should i go with this kit if i'm planning on using it for playing live and also recording. If you don't think is the right kit it would be awesome if you could point me in the right direction with some pics of some killer looking kits with great sound."

http://www.gretschdrums.com/index.cfm?fa=kit&mid=2237&sid=576
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Mar 24, 2008,
link doesn't work
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
+1
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Fixed sorry brahs.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

find a drum forum instead of a guitar forum maybe?

they'd have better info and responses than we would.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Well as a member of Ultimate-Guitar myself, I thought, why not ask the Pit..?

It's a good sounding kit for the price. You might have trouble getting a good sound out of the bass drum if you don't have tuning experience. 20X20 is an awkward size and you won't be able to muffle it as easily as a drum that was 16 or 18 inches in depth.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Won't an evans emad bass bater head be enough though?

Quote by tr3nt
Won't an evans emad bass bater head be enough though?

assuming that you know how to use it correctly, yes.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke