whats everybody's opinion on danelectro gear? im looking at pedals not guitars......are they worth getting? if not what should i get....im just a hobbyist when it comes to playing.....so im looking for something somewhat cheap but still sounds pretty good
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
if you NEED a certain pedal, then get danelectro. i personally absolutely love their guitars, doesnt hurt that its all very cheap
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
their pedals are crap.
their guitar is descent, but not even close to nice.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
their pedals are crap.
their guitar is descent, but not even close to nice.

wrong my friend. learn a little bit about them. or hell, try one.
not all of us want your tone, my Dano SINGS the blues, and rockabilly
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
wrong my friend. learn a little bit about them. or hell, try one.
not all of us want your tone, my Dano SINGS the blues, and rockabilly

perhaps you got a good one? or maybe i had a bad one. Im betting that you just have a good one, because the one i played was shiite. horrible action, and razorfrets syndrome.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
perhaps you got a good one? or maybe i had a bad one. Im betting that you just have a good one, because the one i played was shiite. horrible action, and razorfrets syndrome.

*shrugs* i had to tweak my baby a bit. and she still needs a Bigsby to be truely superb. but as of now, she rivals Fenders and even some Gretsch guitars for that twangy, jangly, raunchy tone.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
the guitars look cool.. i played one a while ago before i ever tried an electric, it was decent from waht i rememebr

Nothing spectactular, but that swhy they're pretty cheap
I'm not sure on the quality, but I love the price . Makes a guitar setup much more attainable IMO. I'm pretty sure they would need a case mod for stage use though. At least the small ones.
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
Quote by spiderjerusalem
if you NEED a certain pedal, then get danelectro. i personally absolutely love their guitars, doesnt hurt that its all very cheap

Nah i say if you NEED a certain pedal, get a nicer one. if you want to screw around with one for fun or use it solemnly then get danelectro.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I have a Daddy-O and, stock it sucked. It had this fizzy sound to it. I bought the Monte Allum mod. for it and now this thing just sings. It sounds SO much better. Can't say anything about any of their other stuff though.
the shift daddy and the eq re their only worth while effects
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by kool98769

one of the early '90s reissues?

my 12-string was great out of the box.

Their original FX are actually pretty good if you give them a chance. i bought a bashed up looking old Dan-Echo analog chorus for £2. its great. very vintagey sounding delay.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Some of the pedals are solid.

The guitars are nice, but usually have very poor setups. Also, they're not made from the best materials...but they do raunchy rockabillty and blues like nothing else.
i heard some guy on youtube play through a danelectro something or-other. maybe egg-salad. it was a leslie/univibe type sound. he played in next to a fulltone wah through an amazing amp. its sounded fukcing sweet.
thanks for the responses and stuff guys/girls.....i know very little about guitar (havent been playing long) and know no musicians.....so thanks dawgs
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
i have had a few of their pedals and they definitly do the job, sure they look silly and look like toys, but their tone makes up for it. i had a phaser and octafuzz and was pleased with them, the price is probably the best part about them