I'm new to the bass scene. I have played on my buddies bass for just fun, and I seem to like it. Now I have a chance to buy a used Traben Array 4 string for $160 USD from my local guitar shop. I basically want to know if this is a good price for a used one. I've done research but I can't find them used. Also if I don't like it, and it's a good price is it worth the investment as in, Will I get my money back if I turn around and sell it?
It looked pretty flawless, I seen maybe 1-2 little pick scratches but that was about it.
i say go for it...ive played the 5string version and its prety kool...but if you wanna sell it dont sell it to used guitar/bass shops cuz they only pay like half price sell it to a friend for like $50 off the new price
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by albinokrikit
i say go for it...ive played the 5string version and its prety kool...but if you wanna sell it dont sell it to used guitar/bass shops cuz they only pay like half price sell it to a friend for like $50 off the new price

Oh I know that man, Sell to 3rd parties not stores. They will always screw you over. I ment like throw it on e-bay if i didn't like it.
I just got done searching even craigslist in most big cities within a 3hr range of mine, None even on there. Kinda makes me wonder.
it looks like a really good deal for u i checked on musiciansfriend.com n i think it was like $280?
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
yeah thats a good price,i saw one of the chaos series on the internet for like $400 span new,still though if i were you id ask if i could try it out first too though just to make sure theres no problems with it
Quote by johnny blue
yeah thats a good price,i saw one of the chaos series on the internet for like $400 span new,still though if i were you id ask if i could try it out first too though just to make sure theres no problems with it

I tried it out today, the electronics sound amazing. Though I discovered why it's cheap. It has a huge gouge in the wood next to the bridge, and one of the strap buttons was fixed with poor quality. "the hole it goes into" It was definably a guitar tossers bass. I'm going to try to talk them down some more come this wensday because these problems can be fixed, but I do appreciate the input on what appears to be someone's old shield. "so many scratches when you get extremely close"
definatly talk them down,one of the guys i used be in a band with had a similar problem with the condition of the guitar he wanted to buy but he haggled seriously an got them to do the work an got a slight cut overall off the price,even if you havta lie sayin ull get your bandmates to buy from the same shop for there gear or anything,lets face it music shops are greedy an jump on those sort of things...well at least the ones here anyway
Nice,
I'm not afraid to do the work myself. I actually relish the chance. I love doing wood work. It's just I lack major knowledge of basses so it's kind of intimidating to try to haggle with something you don't know much about. The music shop is going out of business so that band mates option thing isn't going to do much for them, but I believe it's been sitting in there a couple of months. So I may bring up the point that it's not making any cash sitting, thus they should lower to price to move it out.
yeah thats as good a reason as any,mention the fact that it will cost you money and time to take it off there hands too it might help slightly,as for the work bass is not really diffrent to guitar,just pretend its a guitar an haggle away,as long as your confidant theyll never know the diffrence
I have tried out the Traben Array, and it is an ok bass for its normal price.

HOWEVER, it's normally priced at $400, so $150 is an insanely good deal, and if you can talk them down I say definitly go for it.

As for my views on it, I found that it was somewhat on the small and light side of things, and I did not like the mudbucker the chose to put on it. The inlays (offset abalone with T on 12th) are probably the highlight of the entire bass, and the bridge was so jagged that I actually cut myself on it. I also found that the action was lower than I liked, but that is minor.

It is not too bad, but for $150 it is a steal. You could most likely have a luthier fix the bass for $50, so go for it.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Tx, i'm heading back Wednesday to talk to them. Gives me a day to think it over. Being a college student and buying gear sucks, lol. takes lots of thinking because you never know when your going to need the cash.