Opinions or suggestions ?

I play almost everything from cleans to heavy metal. Mostly harder stuff and probably will buy a pedal for the cleans.

My budget is about $600 Australian.

This would be my second amp, an upgrade from my squier package.

Thanks UG, Yan Yan.
That is like barely 350 American, right? How much does a valvetronix go for down there?
Ok, If you want a practice amp with the best tone available at that price, look into a peavey windsor 20w combo or a maybe a blackheart. The Crate Palomino is also good for classic sounds and blues. The ones that I have played with I haven't tried to push them into metal territory though.

If you can't afford to get effects and need as much versatility as possible with a very good tone, get the valvetronix.
Of course I am assuming that you need a practice amp with a little bit more kick than a five watter, since it's your second amp
Quote by Yan Yan
Opinions or suggestions ?

I play almost everything from cleans to heavy metal. Mostly harder stuff and probably will buy a pedal for the cleans.

My budget is about $600 Australian.

This would be my second amp, an upgrade from my squier package.

Thanks UG, Yan Yan.

wait, what ? you're gonna buy a pedal for cleans ? i'm intrigued

if you play mostly harder stuff, you might be better off with a roland cube. they generally do heavy stuff better than the valvetronix amps, while the VT's do lighter OD and cleans better.
Pedal for cleans? Whut?

Anyway, the AD30VT is a good amp, its more than capable of doing metal. It's just it deffinately does the cleans and lighter stuff better, if you plan on spending more of your time on the dirty channels, maybe the Roland Cube would be more your thing.

However the Vox is a great amp regardless. And i'd take it over a cube any day.